Chapter 6

Previously on Chapter 5

In the end, we decided to go through the secret tunnel. After getting attacked by the Fire Nation soldiers. "Secret love cave, let's go!" Sokka said. Yeah... looks like we're going through the Cave of Two Lovers.

-Trapped-

Y/N P.O.V

"How far are we from the tunnel?" Sokka said as we have been walking for a while. "Actually, it's not just one tunnel. The lovers didn't want anyone to find out about their love, so they built a whole labyrinth" Chong said.

"Labyrinth?!" Sokka said, in shock. "Oh, I'm sure we'll figure it out" Chong said. "Are you sure? The last thing I want is to get lost inside a labyrinth" I said. "It'll be fine! All you need to do is trust in love... according to the curse" he said.

"Curse!!" Sokka whined, in fear. I walk next to him and gently hold his hand. "Calm down, will you?" I said. He just nods his head, and we start walking.

"Hey! Hey! We're here!" Chong said, as we stop in front of an opening. It looks so dark in there. "What exactly is this curse?" Sokka said, his hand tighten a little which lets me know how scared he is.

"Oh yeah, and die. Hey, I remembered the rest of that song!" He said. He grabs his instrument and strum the string. ".. and die!" He said. Sokka looks pale for a few seconds before shaking his head. "That's it! There's no way we're going through some cursed hole!" He said.

"Hey! Someone's making a huge campfire!" Moku said. I turn my head to see what he's looking at. My eyes widened. "That's not campfire" I said. "It's the Fire Nation. They're tracking us!" Sokka said. "So... all you need to do is trust in love to get through these caves?" Aang said.

"That is correct, master arrowhead!" Chong said. I glance at Sokka. My feelings for him still hasn't change since the last time. But... there's something in my chest. Will this be enough for me to survive through this tunnel?

"We can make it" Aang said. I turn to look at him to see him eyeing Katara, making me smile to myself. If my brother is sure of this whole thing. I should too. "Everyone into the hole!" Sokka said, in a somewhat demanding tone. We make our way inside the tunnel in silence.

"Something feels wrong..." I said, noticing the slight changes in the air. "What's the matter, Y/N?" Sokka said. I turn to look out from the entrance. "They've found us!" I said, pointing at the approaching Fire Nation soldier. They unleash a myriad to the wall tunnel. The wall collapse, sealing away our only way to leave the tunnel.

Appa starts clawing at the rock wall. "It's okay, Appa. We'll be fine. I hope..." Katara said. I place my hand on her shoulder. "We will be fine. All we need is a plan. Chong, how long do those torches last?" Sokka said. "Uh, about two hours" Chong said. "And we have five torches. So that's 10 hours!" Lily said, while lighting up all of them at once.

"It doesn't work like that if they're lit at the same time!" Sokka said, grabbing all of them and steps on them to extinguish the fire. "Oh, right..." Lily said. "I'm going to make a map to keep track of exactly where we've been. Then we should be able to solve it like a maze and get through..." Sokka said.

Time-skip

We've been in this tunnel for who knows how long. We have been coming across a dead end for the past attempts. We turn around the corner only to find ourselves in yet another dead end.

"Sokka, this is the tenth dead end you've lead us to" Katara said. "This doesn't make any sense. We already came through this way..." Sokka said. "We don't need a map. We just need love. The little guy knows it" Chong said. "Yeah, but I wouldn't mind a map also" Aang said.

Sokka keeps looking through the cave and the map. He have a serious look on his face. I walk towards him with a worried look. "What is it, Sokka?" I asked. "There's something strange here..." he said. "What do you mean?" I asked. "There's only one explanation..." he said. He turns to look at me with a horrified look.

The maze are changing

Time-skip

"The tunnels, they're a-changin': it must be the curse! I knew we shouldn't have come down here!" Chong said. "Right, if only we listened to you..." Sokka said, sarcastically.

"Guys... shh! Did you hear that??" I said. Everyone stays quiet. We can hear a low snarl coming from around us. Sokka moves his torch and points it at a certain direction. Suddenly, a wolfbat flies from the darkness of the cave and towards us.

"It's a giant flying thing with teeth!" Chong said. "No, it's wolfbat!" Moku said. Sokka starts to swing his torch back and forth, a couple of hot cinders fly around and lands on Appa's skin. Appa yelps from the pain. He starts to run to a random direction and bumps into the wall, releasing a lot of rocks and debris.

"Everyone move out of the way!" I yelled. I grab Sokka's hand and push my brother using my air-bending. There are a lot of boulders. The nomads people are with us.

"Aang! Aang! Are you okay??" I yelled, running to the mountains of boulders. "I'm fine, sis! Are you hurt?!" He asked. "No! What should we do now??" I yelled. "I don't know! Are you alone?" He asked. "No! I'm with Sokka and the other nomads!" I said. "Good! Stick together with them!" He said. "Okay! Good luck, Aang!" I said.

"Y/N, watch out!" Sokka said, pushing me out of the way just as a boulder comes crashing down. I let out a shaky breath. I turn to Sokka. "Thank you, Sokka" I said.

I start to blush when I realize Sokka is laying on top of me, his face is close to my face. He looks into my eyes and his cheek turning red as well.

"Aww... we have lovebirds between us. Now it will be a lot easier for us to make it through the cave" Chong said. Sokka quickly moves from me. I get up as well and scoot away from him.

"We're not lovebirds..." I said. "But we can see love in your eyes..." Lily said. I look away from Sokka. What a way to make it even more awkward. But that's not what we should be worrying about right now. We need to focus on how to get out of this cave.

*to be continued*