Familiar Stranger

"Just," she whispered "Just go away...".

Hurt had overcome his features as he stared at the broken girl before him.

"'Em, please. Just listen to me for a second.".

Her fierce eyes glared up at him from her place on the ground, tears still falling from her eyes.

This wasn't how this was supposed to go.

"Don't you ever shut up Jax." Emily bit back "All you ever do is pester me, I can't take it anymore.".

Emily was pushed to the edge, distanced and alone while Jax watched from afar as she fell apart.

"All he's doing is using you! Why," his eyes shifting to the wooden floor, desperate for an answer, "why can't you see that?"

She knew, all along what was happening to her. She just wanted it to last as long as it could.

"What the hell would you understand.. You've had everything you ever wanted." Her breathing picked up as words spilled from her lips. "You could never understand the feeling of being alone. I just wanted someone, anyone to love me."

Prolonged silence followed with the sound of the smashed broken clock still ticking. Jax's face scrunched up in mental agony.

"You say I have everything but, I never had the chance to know my sister." Emotion had left his voice as he explained the truth. "The only thing I ever wanted in this world was to know you."

Her eyes shot open, mind wondering if she was wrong the entire time. Maybe her brother did want to know her after all.

"But if you want me to leave Emily, I'll walk out right now." As much as it hurt him to say, he continued "And I won't come back this time."

As bad as she had treated him, she realised he was always there to help her. More than anyone else was.

"Wait.." she quietly begged,

"Please don't go."