Last Night

I bet you don't remember last night, probably because you were wasted.

We'd gone out to drink, to get your mind off of your recent breakup.

It worked.

I can't remember much, just parts that were funny or memorable.

Things like the way you whispered in my ear on the dance floor, "Can we get more drinks after this song?" While your breath smelt like pure alcohol.

Or how you fell up the stairs when we arrived at the driveway of my house.

You falling over when we got inside, taking of your shoes because they were wet and muddy from the pouring rain outside.

Last night you drank a lot more than I did. As soon as we were inside you went straight for the vodka, like you craved it.

I remember you dancing on my countertop to ABBA at 2 in the morning.

After a while I had sobered up a little and decided it was time we headed to bed.

We'd been friends for years so sleeping in the same bed was normal for us, we'd done it since we were 6 years old.

Before we drifted off, you had said some things that I couldn't get out of my head.

"You're so beautiful," you tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, "I could kiss you right now.".

All I could do was laugh as it was only part of the drunken shenanigans you were undergoing.

"Thank you for being my friend."

You said before you'd fallen asleep, the next morning I'd woken up earlier than you to clean up.

Walking downstairs to the kitchen and there was alcohol and mess everywhere you looked.

As I cleaned I also washed the dishes that obviously hadn't been cleaned in a while.

Now only the alcohol was left to put away into the cupboards you'd gotten them out of.

I pick one up and take a swig, vodka wasn't really my taste but it had to do.

"Cheers... to the night you'll never remember."