True to Your Heart

"Make way for the heros of China!"

The crowd cheered as the army, on horseback, rode in the parade. Everyone tried to hide that they were still upset over Y/n, except for Mu, feeling guilty for not having been able to reach Shang and tell him not to leave her.

But they had no time to be sad, for they saw her ride up on H/n in a panic. "Shang!" she called.

"Y/n?"

She rode next to him. "The Huns are alive! They're in the city!"

He gave her a look. "You don't belong here, Y/n. Go home." He rode away from her, only making her more determined. She kicked at H/n, making him catch up with Shang.

"Shang, I saw them in the mountains. You have to believe me!"

"Why should I?!" he yelled back, still trying to get away from her, but she was on his heels.

"Why else would I come back?" She glared at him, her e/c eyes burning through his dark ones, skin red from angry. "You said you trusted Jun. Why is Y/n any different?"

He just rode around her again.

"She's not," she heard from behind her and saw her new friend.

"Mu!"

He grinned at her, just happy that she was alright. "I'm on your side, Y/n. I believe you."

She would have hugged him, have they not been in horseback, but instead said, "Thank you. Really. We should go warm the people. You take right. I'll take left."

They rode off to their areas as the emperor came out of his palace. He was tall and nearly bald, with a a long beard and moustache and thick, bushy eyebrows. He wore the royal clothes off an emperor.

"My children. Heaven smiles down upon the Middle Kingdom. China will sleep safely tonight, thanks to our brave warriors."

Everyone cheered as Y/n pushed through. "Sir, you have to leave. Please, the -"

"Huh!" He turned away, so she tried another man.

"Please, you have to evacuate! Now!"

He threw her arm off of him and kept waking. "Eh!"

Mu came back over. "Okay. I got three families to leave. How are you doing?"

She looked ready to cry with her big eyes, upsetting Mu. "No one will listen!"

"Because you're a girl," he said sadly.

-

Shang walked up the steps with a sword in hand. "Your Majesty. I present to you the sword of Shan Yu." He bowed respectfully, his eyes on the floor.

"I know what this means to you, Captain Li," the emperor said solemnly. "Your father would have been very proud."

He fought the tears successfully as he handed it over. But before the emperor could take it, a hawk swooped down and took it. A second later, the Huns were jumping down, people screaming. Two grabbed the emperor and took him into the palace, locking the doors.

"No!" Shang ran after them, banging on the door, followed by Ling, Chien Po, and Yao.

Y/n and Mu watched them bang.

"They'll never reach the emperor," Mu observed, frowning as he thought hard on what to do. "I'm out of ideas. You?"

Frantically, Y/n's eyes darted the area, landing on the tall pillars near the palace. "Yeah. GUYS!" she called to the men still trying to get in. They looked over at her as she pointed, grinning. "I've got an idea!"