The Greatest Gift of Honor

Double update because both chapters are kind of short.

G/n ran all over the house, calling out for everyone. "Y/n has returned!"

"Y/n?" M/n and S/n looked up, then ran out the door.

"Y/n!"

"Mother!" She ran to her and threw her arms around her mother's neck, M/n bursting into tears.

"Y/n!" Tears streaming down her face, S/n ran over and grabbed her tightly. "There is so much I have to ask you."

"Tell me about you first." It had finally hit her that she was home and began to produce tears of her own.

"I...I am matched!" She was now laughing along with her tears.

"What's he like?"

"He's handsome. A little shy, but he's not afraid of spiders."

"I'm so happy for you." She looked around. "Where is Father?"

-

F/n was sitting on the bench. The blossoms fell on the bench next to him. He sighed and picked one up.

He looked more tired than usual, making Y/n feel all the more guilty. She bowed before him, startling him. "Y/n!"

"Father...forgive me, father...I stole the family horse...I stole your sword...I stole your armor...and the sword...I lost it...the sword is gone...now I understand...how much that sword means to you...but..." She took out the gifts. "I've brought you the sword of Shan Yu. And the Crest of the Emperor. They're gifts to honor the L/n family." She put them on his lap and bowed again.

Gently, he picked them up and placed them to the side, kneeled, and brought his daughter into a hug, his eyes misty. "The greatest gift of honor is having you for a daughter. And it is I who should apologize. My foolish pride drove you away. One warrior knows another. You were always there...yet I see you for the first time...I've missed you so."

Y/n began to cry again, burying her face into his shoulder. "I've missed you, too, Bába..."

The rest of the family stood by the gate. M/n and S/n were smiling while G/n scoffed. "Huh. She brings home a sword. If you ask me, she should've brought a man."

"Excuse us."

They looked behind them and saw Shang and Mu.

"Does L/n Y/n live here?" Mu asked.

Mouths agape, they all pointed.

"Thank you."

They entered, G/n getting a horny look. "Woo! Sign me up for the next war!"

They approached the bench, where Y/n and F/n still were.

"Honorable L/n F/n. I..." Shang started, but the younger cut him off.

"Y/n! Uh..."

"Mu? What are you doing here?"

"You forgot your helmet." He looked at F/n, who was looking down at him with mock disapproval. "Well, actually, it's your helmet, isn't it? I mean..."

His face relaxed into a smile, making Mu even more embarrassed.

"There's another reason," Shang said, holding out a sword to her. "You have saved the dynasty. The entire kingdom is in your debt. You have brought honor to your ancestors, to your family, to your village, and to your country. As befits a great warrior, the sword is marked with the pillars of virtue."

F/n leaned over to read it. "Loyal, brave, true...and what's this fourth virtue I see?"

Shang looked down on her with the same pride of a parent. "Read it aloud, Y/n."