5

Every night, Medea, like a ritual, led the knights to search Lyle's bedroom.

She even ordered that off all of the men's tops come off to check if they were men. (or..... ABS!)

Thanks to this, no assassin came to Lyle's bedroom, but Lyle had to lose sleep as he watched the search that took two or three hours every night.

'...... She's really not coming.'

Lyle frowned while lying in bed, and it seems to be the time he had such a peaceful night since marrying Medea.

When they shared a bed, she was always crying or enraged, and even when she inspected each room, she chastised Lyle for having a woman.

What was the problem?

During her engagement, she was mild and well-mannered. There was no sign of her instability.

It was right after she went to the duchy after her marriage that she became strange.

It was from then on, Medea started obsessing over Lyle.

At the time, he couldn't pay attention to her for long because he was too busy fighting against his uncle.

I'm a little sorry about that, but......

'If she lost her memory...... Is she...... Is the girl who looked nervously down at the back of my hand and who hiccuped—is she back?'

It occurred to me that 'It doesn't make any difference.'

Even if she doesn't remember, everything she did doesn't disappear. Being hurt doesn't allow you to hurt others.

She will continue to be the Empress, but Lyle decided he would have nothing to do with her heart.

***

The next day, the following day, and the successive day, Medea did not come to Lyle's room.

Although her maids tried to halt gossip from circulating, rumors of the Empress's amnesia spread among the courtiers of the Imperial City.

And some of the most noticeable things were the things that the Empress didn't do.

For instance, there was no sign of the Empress harassing the Emperor, of a maid or attendant being kicked out of a room or slapped across the face.

"Does she really have amnesia?"

Lyle was walking down the hall, his face twisted.

There was no movement from Duke Caird's side, showing his careless regard toward Milledia, but he wasn't wholly unconcerned about his daughter's safety.

The Duke was the one who politically pressured the Emperor to share a bed with his daughter; because sharing a bed with the Emperor gave one higher importance in and outside the Palace.

This made Lyle hate Medea more.

"Your Majesty!"

The voices of the maids who seemed to burst into tears came from afar.

Lyle crumpled his face as soon as he heard the sound of "Empress!"

Even if it was only three days ago, she had a major concussion. It's a serious injury that would typically leave a noble lady lying in bed for at least a week.

"Your Majesty! Empress! Don't run! You shouldn't even take off your shoes!"

'What?' Hearing, Lyle turned to the maids' words in disbelief.

Medea was the incarnation of perfect etiquette. Every fingertip, every strand of hair was always in place.

Lyle couldn't believe his eyes, as she had never violated the rules of etiquette.