Chapter 6: Behold.

At least, the guards seemed to be taking all this crap seriously, finally. I stood back up after I had sealed the doors shut taking a chance to glance out the windows to see what kind of chaos my kitchen exploded had caused. How much damage it had done, but I was distracted by the line of guards that had lined up. All of them dressed up in heavy duty armor and holding some impressively large guns.

"Those are some big guns," Quill announced sounding incredibly worried.

I also became worried when they fired for the first time, which I could only assume was a warning shot which caused the tower to shake. The force of the blast even caused the glass to start to crack.

"Rodent, we are ready to hear your plan!" Gamora shouted somehow managing to stay cool under pressure. Said rodent was still working on the control panel for the watchtower managing to keep his focus.

"Hold on!" Rocket shouted back with a bite in his voice, agitated with our lack of patience. That or he didn't like being called a rodent which as equally likely. I frowned as the guy below us gave the order for the next hit. With that warning, I managed to brace myself for the next hit which ended up causing the class by Quill to crack.

"I recognize this animal," The blue man realized completely off-topic, "We roast them over a flame as children. Your flesh is quite delicious."

"Oh, that's great! Do you happen to know if anyone else here is tasty!" I screamed sarcastically, the cracking glass sending me into a bit of panic.

"Not helping!" Rocket shouted sharply as another round went off again. This one made the building shake so violently I had to grab onto Quill just to steady myself. Quickly releasing him I struggled to think of a good plan, just to be safe. All of a sudden I heard one of the guards shouting abought firing all at once, on this was gonna be bad. Unless...

"Okay, well I'm hitting the deck. I will see you all in hell." I sang cheerily dropping to my knees so I could slide under the control table. The cover wasn't guaranteed to save me but I had a higher chance this way. Once safely hiding I called one more, "It was nice knowing you all!"

Bracing myself for the final hit I covered my ears, ready for the final hit that I knew was coming. I felt the tower jerk and for a second, I thought we were dead... except we hadn't been hit. Surprised I lurched forward to pull myself up over the console, resting on my knees I blinked out at the sight before me. Reluctantly I admitted, "That is clever."

"Thank you very much." Rocket nodded pleased, even puffing out his chest a bit.

"So, did you just cut the field generators completely or-," I began to ask as I looked over trying to see what exactly the raccoon had done on the console.

"Can you please do this later?" Quill snapped an edge of panic still evident in his voice.

"Shut up, Quill." I snapped back at him lightly, only half paying attention to the space pirate. I found it was hard to look away or focus on anything else besides the guards and a few prisoners floating around without any gravity to hold them down. I let out a breathless laugh as I watched guards and prisoners bump into each other, totally clueless as to what was happening.

The control room jerked a bit as it was separated from the rest of the tower, leaving us free to float just like the guards. It's a good thing I didn't get motion sick, otherwise, I definitely would have puked.

The security robots, now under Rocket's control, suddenly came alive and began attaching themselves to the sides of the vessel. We now had a makeshift shuttle at our disposal.

Finally climbing back up onto my feet the pod began to move around heading for the bigger exit that we could fit through. As the pod began to twirl and clumsily make its way through the tunnels I began to think of it as a roller coaster. The movements pretty much matched. Which tempted me into throwing my arms up and shouting like I would if I found myself on one back home.