Chapter 3

A/N: this is an X reader fanfiction. You are part of this story so if you see this ---> (Y/N) this means insert Your Name. enjoy reading <3

.....................................................

Its the sixth day since (Y/N) arrived at Genkai's place. She had improved impressively within such a short span of time. which made Genkai proud of her. She's even starting to tweak the Concoction of some of the writings in their family book of ancient medicine.

(Y/N) was panting as she took each slow steps going back to Genkai's place from gathering more ingredients from the market. "Why the hell is my cardio still this bad??! after all that spiritual training" as much as she complained to herself she kept on walking until she reached the top.

She was about to push the gate open when she halted, she felt 4 familiar energies, but this time she can feel it more stronger and clearer than when she had first encountered it. "There's new familiar energies here, where have I felt them before?" she took a deep breath. She Feels her body hair tingling from how extraordinary powerful these newcomers were but one energy felt weakened.

She pushed the gate open, letting herself in "Oh god.. " she said in shock as she recognized the red-haired guy who's laying on the ground soaking onto his own blood. The three guys surrounding him, which she recognized as well, all looked wounded severely and worn out. They looked at her, there's fear and panic in their eyes.

Genkai was the one who broke that 5 seconds silence but felt like a lifetime. "Bring kurama inside !" Genkai shouted "(Y/N) Hurry, get the medicine from the back!" The boys immediately carried Kurama and (Y/N) runned as fast as she could to the back.

Her heart felt like it would jump out of her chest, she's shaking badly that gathering the stuff needed was a struggle, she knocked down a chair and opened each of the cupboards frantically looking for the first aid kit which she found in the corner cupboard. Opening the first aid box with such force and shaky hands made a huge mess, everything fell out, some landed at the table and the rest onto the floor. She picked up a bandage, gauze, betadine, isopropyl alcohol , 4 bottles of the lotus medicine, and an extra piece of cloth. She had everything wrapped around her arms carrying it all at once and runned back to the guest bedroom.

As she arrived, she saw Genkai's hand over Kurama's lifeless body emitting blue orb, She's trying to stabilize his condition and to stop the bleeding. (Y/N) body is like on autopilot, she open one of the bottles of the lotus medicine and tipped it over Kurama's lips, making him drink the medicine. Botan was helping Yusuke, Hiei and kuwabara with their wounds on the side.

Finally, Kurama's bleeding stopped, And they were able to clean the wounds and patch him up as well but Genkai's face was still grim (Y/N) was afraid to ask but Genkai saw how worried she looked. "We.. cured some of his minor wounds and was able to give him back some of his strength to fight for his life but he's infected." Everyone was silent.. No one can utter a word out. "And the damn lotus ain't working on him because his wound is right straight into his heart"

"M-maybe if we give him more doses he'll survive?" (Y/N) said grabbing some of the medicine, tears on the edge of her eyes but Yusuke grabbed her wrist. (Y/N) looked at him and Yusuke just shook his head, just like her on the verge of his tears.

"NO? Then let's inject it right at his heart! We can't let him die !" (Y/N) raised her voice, yanking her wrist off of Yusuke's hand. Yusuke looked at Genkai hoping that would be the answer but Genkai looked like she's in pain and had to shake her head as well and looked down.

"NO?? So what now? We can't let him turn into that kind of thing!! We have to save him! Pls!" (Y/N) was sobbing hard that made Botan burst into tears as well. "(Y/N) there's nothing we can do now but wait.." Botan tried to hug her to give comfort but (Y/N) pushed her and stood up.