Chapter 25 - Clarissa

When Duke and I woke up this morning, he kept going on and on about time-travel, which I knew was highly illegal in any universe.

"I just know it'll work!!!"

"Just because Jehlani is a magus, doesn't mean that she can travel through time, Duke. You are not thinking straight, babe."

"Okay, don't believe me, but you'll be thanking me someday."

"Whatever you say, babe. I'm gonna drive myself to my finals today. Your mother has summoned me. I love you and don't think so much about this. I'll see you later." I gave Duke a peck on the lips, then rushed out the door.

Since meeting my sister and Trent's fiancée, my life has become clearer, and I honestly thank Camden for that. If he hadn't have come back, my life would still be a mystery. Since the day I've met Jehlani, all I've been able to do is focus on the good, and have some memories restored, as well.

Once I was complete with the last final of the day, I happily turned it into the professor and threw him the peace sign to let him know that the next time he saw me would be in the Spring. I was slipping into my car when I got a phone call from my sister.

"Hey sista!!!!" We said it simultaneously, it was almost scary.

"What's going on? You had any finals today?"

"I had one, but I'm done for the day!!! You got any?"

"I got one more, and that's it!!! I was calling to see if you wanted to hit the mall later. Jehlani and I were planning on going to Cozumel next week, but since she is engaged now, she insisted that I take Rodney instead. So, I need to find me a sexy two-piece for him to take off me." She giggled on the phone.

"Uh oh, sounds like things with Rodney are better."

"Girl, it's a lot better!! We sat down and had a long talk, and I think this trip is just what we need for us to move forward in our relationship." She sounded so excited, then Drake's words popped into my head.

"Hey, instead of you spending money, how about you come with me to meet Duke and Trent's mom? She invited me over for lunch and dress fittings, and I wouldn't mind having you as my guest."

"Dress fittings?"

"Yea, Duke's mom is buying my wedding dress. Plus, they have some stuff on our parents that they wanted us to see, and I don't really wanna look through any of it alone."

"Really?? Then, I'm already there!! She may want to buy me a dress, too!!" Knowing Afeni, she just might. We made plans to meet up, and she was going to ride with me. The BraveHearts were pleasant people, but their secrecy was everything.

After class, Amina and I met up and chattered like lost soulmates. The more I learned about her, the more I realized that we were just alike. When we pulled up to the gate, Amina's eyes lit up like she was visiting Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch. Once the gates were buzzed open and our trek through the hidden driveway had come to an end, the mansion and everything that sits on it appeared before us, and Amina's mouth dropped.

"Daaaaaamn!! Fuck the Joneses!! I wanna keep up with them!!"

"This is nothing. Wait till you see the inside." When I led her inside, she had told me that she had fallen in love.

"Buckhead ain't got nothing on this place. This place is gorgeous." Amina was fawning over the mansion, and she still hadn't seen anything yet.

"Clarissa, my darling, I'm glad you could make it."

I turned and saw Afeni walking my way wearing her classic royal purple kaftan with the flawless gold embellishments, and her locs were free and flowing by her tiny waist. It still amazed me that she was inching fifty, and still possessed a twenty-year old's waistline. Amina, who was still tripping over the details of the house, almost lost her mind when she saw Afeni.