Lake Laogai

It seemed like just another ordinary day working in the tea shop for Shun, Zuko, and Iroh, until Iroh served two particular customers. They enjoyed their tea, then stood up and approached him.

"So, you're the genius behind this incredible brew," said one of the men, richly dressed with several rings on his fingers. He looked like he belonged in the Upper Ring. "The whole city is buzzing about you! I hope Pao pays you well."

"Good tea is its own reward," Iroh said.

"But it doesn't have to be the only reward," the rich man said. "How would you like to have your own tea shop?"

Shun perked up behind the counter, opening her ears to listen. Pao looked around, concerned.

"My own tea shop?" Iroh said, surprised. "This is a dream come true!"

"What's going on here?" Pao asked, quickly moving to stand between Iroh and the rich man. "Are you trying to poach my tea-maker?"

"Sorry Pao, but that's business for you, am I right?" the rich man said.

"Mushi, if you stay, I'll make you assistant manager — wait, senior assistant manager!" Pao said desperately.

"I'll provide you with a new apartment in the Upper Ring," the rich man said. Zuko, who was busy putting empty tea cups on a tray, looked up and glanced over his shoulder to follow the offer more closely. "The tea shop is yours to do whatever you want, complete creative freedom."

"I even get to name the shop?" Iroh asked.

"Of course!" the rich man said.

"Uh, senior executive assistant manager?" Pao offered, hoping against hope that Iroh would accept.

Iroh handed Pao the pot of tea that was in his hand and bowed to the rich man, agreeing to the terms. Zuko walked by and Pao walked away sadly.

"Did you hear, Nephew?" Iroh asked. "This man wants to give us our own tea shop in the Upper Ring of the city!"

"I'll try to contain my joy," Zuko said sarcastically as he walked outside, slamming the door shut behind him.

"Well, congratulations!" Shun told Iroh brightly.

"Yes, things are certainly looking up for us!" Iroh agreed, matching her sunny smile.

As Zuko was standing outside, a poster fluttered on the wind and was falling to the ground in front of him. He grabbed it when he saw what was on it: a picture of the Avatar's bison. He climbed to the top of a nearby house and noticed several more posters were falling. He searched the skies for any sign of the Avatar, but all he saw was the posters. He glanced down again at the Appa poster. He looked up from it with a determined expression on his face.

—∞—

"I wonder where Zuko went to?" Shun said as she helped Iroh pack up their belongings.

"Don't worry, I'm sure he'll be back soon," Iroh said. "In the meantime, I need some help coming up with names for my new tea shop."

"Well, what's your favorite kind of tea?" Shun asked.

"Jasmine has always been one of my favorites," Iroh said. "I know — the Jasmine Dragon — how about that?"

"I like it," Shun said. "It's dramatic, poetic, and it has a nice ring to it. Also, it's kind of an inside joke, because you're the Dragon of the West."

"That's true," Iroh said, chuckling.

Zuko entered the room.

Shun noticed his expression was serious, but Iroh just said to him, "So, I was thinking about names for my new tea shop. How about the Jasmine Dragon? Like Shun was just saying, it's dramatic, poetic, has a nice ring to it."