Book 1.1

My parents handed me a small box wrapped in brightly colored paper with the words 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' printed all over it. I tore off the paper revealing a plain black box with only an eye shape on it.

"Thank you!" Is what I said when I opened it and found a silver chain with a blue stone. Beautiful but with an edge my ten year old self could not explain. It has a story behind it I need to unlock.

"Happy birthday, Y/N! That necklace was passed down to me when I was your age. It's your first big girl necklace so take care of it, and don't lose it." My mother's face moved to a serious one as she spoke. I let it hang around my neck dangling to the middle of my chest.

I wore that necklace everyday. Until one day in high school when I noticed something off about it. I don't know how to explain it, but this heirloom necklace passed down when I was ten is different now. The teardrop stone is glowing a light blue similar to a clear sky. I put it beneath my favorite undertale shirt to hide it. I throw on simple blue jeans and a denim jacket. I brush my hair, leaving it down.

I glance at my clock and gasp, "I'm gonna be late." I run downstairs, grab my bag with two slices of toast smothered in butter and nutella (not sponsored). I run out the door, get in my f/c car and rush to school.

Somehow, I get to school without getting in an accident or getting pulled over. Classes go by as normal, I get loaded with homework I don't wanna do, get judged by most of my peers, and get through a moderate school lunch. Ya'know a normal day at public high school. However, as I walk through the parking lot, and to my car, I feel my necklace going weird again. Similar to this morning, it flickered and glowed, but this time it was a bit brighter and flickering more often.

The flickering sped up faster and faster until I got in my car and it stopped. It still glowed, but it didn't flicker with light. Some kind of magic was being used or something, that was the only explanation. I start my car and get out of the parking lot of our mediocre school. The car and I get down the road a bit before I drive on grass and the buildings morph into trees and a big white tank is barreling towards me. The only sound that escaped my mouth was a scream as I swerved and found my car teetering on the edge of a cliff.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: I am so so so excited to publish this! I have had this story idea in mind for a while now, so I hope you like it. I will update whenever I can, with no strict schedule until LI can figure out my personal schedule. Love you all and Stay safe! <3