Book 1.2

I shift the gear on my right into reverse, trying to pull myself back. I try a total of three times, cursing my car and myself, before I hear something latching to my car. I turn around to see what it was and notice something odd about who was helping me.

The large white vehicle begins moving backwards. I slowly put my foot on the gas pedal, in hopes of helping them. The white tank stops when my car is fully off the cliff; I stop when the rope that latched to me was no longer taut. I shifted my red car into park, put on the parking brake and breathed with my head against the steering wheel. I don't care that my horn was going off, and that I probably looked dead. Or asleep. I was breathing in an attempt to calm my pounding heart.

From the corner of my eye, I see a bipedal cat walking towards my car. He has tan fur and deep red hair, similar to the color of blood when it hits Oxygen. He's accompanied by another cat walking on two legs, but she resembles a cheetah with hair falling to her lower back. I see a third, but the figure is fuzzy. I can only make out an orange blob walking in this direction. I lock my door as a safety precaution.

"Are you ok?" The first feline asks, his voice muffled through the window.

I lift my head and turn to look at him. "Yeah," I say, knowing my voice is muffled to him. I roll my window down far enough to hear him, but high enough up to still keep some distance.

I see his eyes widen as he realizes how different I am. He calls over yet another of his kind, but this one has a similar physique to a body builder. His feet stomp on each step over to my car. Next to him, I feel smaller than I already am.

"I've never seen any creature like this one on any of my other journeys." His voice is much deeper than the first one to come up to me, who resembles a lion.

I double check to make sure my doors are all locked when I hear a unique voice come from behind me. "Why, hello there.~~"

I look in my rearview mirror to see one of them in my car. One of THEM in MY car. How? Is my only question, and all I can let out of my mouth is a banshee scream of terror.

All the other standing cats whip their heads around to see, the cat with the red hair rolls his eyes and says, "Tygra, what are you doing in there? You're scaring it."

"'It'? I'm not an 'it'. I am a they, not an 'it'," I snap back.

"Ok, I'll get out." The one he referred to as Tygra tried to open the locked door. "Why won't it open?"

"It's locked, give me a moment." I push the button to unlock the door, but he still struggles. One of his friends comes to open the door.

"Would you like to come out?" the deep voiced cat asked, opening a hand near my door. But he keeps it far enough away so I have enough room to get out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Love you all and Stay safe! <3