a. costello | warm welcome

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

( archie costello x [male] reader )

A/N: is trinity a boarding school?
idk but it is now. you're also super
tall in this, like 6'3. okay that's it—

THE REASON AS to why your father had decided to up and leave the state in the middle of the year left a blank slate in your mind.

well— that was a lie. you had some idea of the reasoning behind the move that seemingly sprung out of nowhere, but not enough information to completely determine why.

your dad explained that he had gotten a new job as a teacher at some fancy, upscale all-boys prep school down somewhere in new england, and that it posed as a better opportunity for making a life.

the whole "making a life" bit didn't really make sense to you, considering that you thought the one you had was decent; your dad got paid an average salary, you attended an average public school, everything was pretty much just average. life wasn't perfect, but who's is?

pestering him about the meaning behind his words was an everyday occurrence, yet every time, he would always shoo you off and tell you to finish packing your bags. so, like the dutiful son you were, you left the subject alone and packed up your entire life into various cardboard boxes and suitcases. just a normal sunday, huh?

now, it was the following friday, and you found yourself uninterestedly staring at the dreary scenery darting by on the drive to new england. it seemed as if you passed by hundreds of academies, pointing to each and every one of them as they passed through your line of vision.

"is it that one?"

"no."

"what about... that one?"

"no, (y/n)."

"oh, that one?"

"no."

"ooh, welton academy; that seem's nice, is it—"

"quiet, (y/n)."

with a bored sigh, you slumped back in your seat, crossing your arms over your chest as you leaned your head against the window, the feeling of your father's lincoln skidding over stray potholes and speed bumps tickling your ears.