n. perry | i love you

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

( neil perry x [gn] reader )

WARNING: this imagine includes references
of suicide. if this is a sensitive topic for you,
i kindly suggest not reading. if anyone ever
needs someone to talk to, i'm always here :)

THE BRASH EXIT that your best friend's father had taken through the audience, forcing the brunette to follow behind, caused a feeling a dread and frustration to build up in your stomach.

neil had sent you an apologetic glance as his dad shoved him into the passenger seat of his car, staring down at his lap while you studied his face in concern.

your friends just seemed to brush it off, excluding your apprehensive-looking english teacher and newest friend, todd, who stared after neil's father's car in worry as it speedily drove off.

"is it okay if we walk back?"

charlie's voice coming from right beside your ear caused you to flinch lightly, startled by his sudden action of slinging an arm around your shoulders.

"captain?" he called out to mr. keating, knocking the older man out of his trance as he looked back and gave the group of teens a grim nod.

charlie dropped his arm back to his side, beginning to shuffle down the sidewalk with knox, meeks, and pitts. as he noticed you and todd weren't following, he paused. "guys?"

turning to face the eccentric teen, you gave one last glance at the vehicle growing further and further towards into the distance before lightly tugging on todd's arm, pulling him along with you.

"you think neil's gonna be all right?" the brunette questioned softly, shoving his hands into his coat pockets as you wrapped your arm around his bicep.

"i don't know," you sighed, nibbling on the inside of your cheek. "but, he's neil- he's strong."

a small smile tugged at todd's lips as he nodded, glancing over at your group of friends who were goofing around as they walked. "yeah."

"guys, c'mon! what's taking you so long?"

you and the shy teenager looked up at the voice of charlie coming from down the pathway, his hands cupped around his mouth in an attempt to make his voice project further (not that he needed to, his natural volume was plenty loud enough).