Chapter 1

{Emma's POV}

Every morning at exactly 7:45 the oldest kids will wake up the others and help them clean themselves. Then at 8:15 we will have breakfast, after breakfast they will have some chores. 9:00 is free time and study time. Then we will have test at 10:00 until 10:15, after I announce the scores, I give them free time. I'll call them at 12:15 for lunch, and then they need to do chores or study. And for the rest of the day, it's free time.

I love my children, dearly. It hurts everytime I need to ship them off to their deaths...
But what can I do? I've come this far and I won't back down... I won't even think about it.

-

-

-

-

-

"Dallia, Darrick, can you come here please?" I called the twins. Dallia and Darrick are currently 10, next week they'll turn 11. For me, Dallia and Darrick are a packet, so it's hard to ship them out. Because usually there will be only one child to be shipped. Therefore although the twins didn't have good scores, I still kept them alive. And fore some reasons they reminded me of Phil... All three had hazel hair and ocean eyes...

"Hm? How can we help you mama?" Darrick asked
"Well...someone wants to 'Adopt' you..." I smiled. I know I can't keep them alive, especially because they are not the high scorers although they are very athletic.
"But...only one of you" I still try to keep my smile. They stood frozen, I can tell hat they don't want this...
"Umm...do we have to?" Dallia asked
"*huff* well you don't... but this is a chance for one of you" I said
"I'm sorry mama, but we'll turn the offer down" Darrick said
"It's okay, you may go and play now..."
'It's not okay! Why can't they just accept it. This is so hard' I thought to myself

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

"Mama, they turned the offer down...What should I do...?"