Chapter 6

Emma's POV

Today is Sunday, so like usually, I give the children a day free from tests, I was just reading a book to Mia, Ken and Asya when suddenly Asya asked

"Mama... when I got adopted, will you come visit me? Or can I visit you?"
I was surprised by this question, usually when a kid gets adopted they will send 'letters'There's a new department in the headquarters that made 'letters' so children won't be suspicious.

"Hm? do you like it here that much Asya" I smiled

"Yes... I don't wanna have a new family... You guys are my family..." She mumbled.

"Yes we are Asya, I am your mom and they are your siblings, but this is an orphanage, therefore a lot of parents would come here to adopt one of you" I answered while holding her hand.

"Ok!" she smiled.

"Mia and Ken will come visit mama too!"  Ken chirped in. "And if Mia doesn't come, Ken will drag her with him!"

"Yes dear, of course you will." I said, with a small smile. If only that was possible, if only we didn't live in this world full of demons, if only this was an actual orphanage instead of a farm. How much I wanted to chan— 

I surprised myself as I felt my younger self, who I had managed to seal away deep in my heart, resurface again. The me who wanted to save everyone, my whole family. 

This is bad. I can't let that happen, not after I have worked so hard to survive. You need to stop thinking Emma, stop thinking. 

"Mama, Are you okay?" Asya asked, looking at me with worried eyes. I noticed the other two staring at me too.
"Yes dear, I'm okay." I replied "Let's finish the book" I said, and stared reading again

I need to get a hold on myself, for the development of my children.

.

.

 .