His pov

I love the idea of love; it brings a smile to my face, knowing a person can love you for your flaws and no matter what you do. No matter what mistakes you make, they will love you for who you are. It's magical love. Ive never really had the experience of being in love with someone because I've never found the right person to share that connection with. I get scared to open up to people, thinking they might judge me for who I am and overthinking every step we take.
I live in Georgia, next to a small town. I live with my best friend Will and our three dogs. I always have company around the house, but I also wish I had the company of someone special to me. I have black hair that I always put in curtains; I have bright blue eyes that have a tint of green; and I have lips that are a heart shaped. I get along with most people but have a small friendship group. My past relationships haven't really gone the way I wanted them to. I have been cheated on a few times, which now makes me very wary of girls.
It was a rainy day on the outskirts of Georgia this morning, with rain dripping down windows and wind blowing bushes and trees back and forth. I reach over to grab my phone, realising I had no notification; it wasn't any different from any other day. Not many people like to message me. My door slowly started to open as my dog, Jasper, came into my room. He gave me a hug and licked my face. I looked at the time and realised it was time for me to get up and go in the shower. I gently pushed Jasper aside as I climbed out of bed and picked out my outfit for this morning. I went to my cupboard and got a plain black T-shirt and some nice black joggers. I then went to my shoe cupboard and picked out some white Air Force and some black socks. I walked into the bathroom to get a towel and got in the shower. I washed my body and my hair, climbed out of the shower, and wrapped a towel around me. I looked in the mirror as I combed my hair into the style I wanted. I checked my phone to see if I had gotten any more notifications while I had been in the shower. None. I was flicking through stories when I happened to come across A picture of a beautiful girl with long brown, shiny hair, green eyes, and a perfect nose. I decided to give her a message: "Hey!" I thought I would make my shot before I lost my opportunity. She replied within a few minutes. "hello," she said. I could feel my face beginning to get warmer and warmer. My cheeks got so rosey red that I could see them in the mirror. All I could feel was excitement.