The first conversation

I never thought a love story would start with a message; you would think it would start in New York or on a beach like all those romcom movies. But I realised that not everything is like a movie.
I was waiting for him to reply back after my calm but joyful "Hey." He was taking awhile, but I didn't want to seem like I was so desperate, so I continued my day. I held my phone in my hand as I walked downstairs to go make some breakfast. I got the yoghurt out of the fridge and grabbed some apples from the fruit bowl. I searched through the drawer for my chopping board and got a knife to chop up my apples. when I heard a notification. I looked at my phone as fast as I could; it was him. I didn't understand why I was so excited when I talked to him.
He could have been an old man for all I knew, but I just had a feeling he was different. I know I say that every time, but it was my gut telling me this time, not my head. He seemed nice and smart, like he would take care of me. I didn't want to respond straight away; I thought that would make me look desperate, and as desperate as I was, I didn't want to give that impression. I couldn't wait any longer. I clicked on the message and read, "Hey, I thought you looked gorgeous in your photo, and I thought I would shoot my shot before I lost my opportunity. " See, I told you he seemed nice. I looked at his profile to double-check that he wasn't an old man catfishing me and that he was trustworthy. He was so handsome, with his black hair that was just so perfectly parted in the middle, his bright blue eyes with a tint of green that you could stare into for ages until you fell asleep, and you can't forget his perfect lips that just looked so kissable. I replied, "Well, thank you so much!! You are very handsome yourself". Yes, I was nervous, but I continued making my breakfast. After I ate my breakfast, I was thinking of what to do. Carly was away, Mom lived too far away to go visit, and no one was free today. I had nothing to do. It had been a whole hour since I messaged him, and still no reply. I wonder what he could have been doing. "Probably busy," I was saying to myself. I sat on my sofa and turned on Netflix. It was my phone again. I didn't really think at first who it could be, but I soon realised it could have been him. "I'm sorry, I have been busy."I was walking my dog with my friend Will. I didn't know what to say, but I said, "Oh, that's cool you have a dog. Me too. by the way , where are you from?" I wasn't really the best with conversation, but I seemed to be doing okay so far.

I got dressed after my shower and headed down the stairs to go see Will. "Hey bro," I said, grabbing the cereal from the top of the cupboard. Will was sitting on the island in the middle of our kitchen. "Hey," he replied while looking up from his phone. "Have you got any plans today?" he asked me. "Urm, no, I don't think so". As I was talking, I must have gotten a message. It was her. She said, "Hey," but I didn't notice because me and Wills were having a conversation. I felt bad when I noticed she messaged me; I didn't want to give the wrong impression that I was desperate. After 5 minutes, I looked at my phone and answered her back. "Hey, I thought you looked gorgeous in your photo, and I thought I would shoot my shot before I lost my opportunity," I say, doubting myself and thinking that was too much, but oh well, no, we just got to wait. In the meantime, Will came back into the kitchen, as he had left to go get clothes on. "Wanna take the dog for a walk with me?" he asked. "I have nothing else to do, so sure, why not". Before we left the house, I had a notification, but I was leaving my phone at home, and Will was pushing me out the door, so I didn't have time to run back and get my phone. I knew it was going to be her because I didn't message anyone else and I really wanted to get to know her, but I also haven't spent time with Will in a long time, so she might just have to wait. On the dog walk, me and Will just talked, but all I could think about was her. I don't know why she just felt different. What if she was the one? We could have been soulmates. All these questions are going through my head, and I can't answer any of them. All of a sudden, a van went past with a massive yes! on the back of it. Was this a coincidence? Was this a sign? I got excited for a second there, but I hoped it was true. We got home, and I grabbed my phone and went straight to my room. She replied! Well, thank you so much! You are very handsome yourself," she said. I could feel a smile creeping onto my face. I had to apologise for being out, so I said, "I'm sorry, I have been busy. I was walking my dog with my friend Will. She took a little time to respond, but I couldn't blame her; I had just left her on hold for awhile. Four minutes later, I had a message from her: Oh, that's cool; you have a dog; me too. By the way, where are you from?" I was scared. I didn't want her to be from ages away; I wanted her to live close so I could meet her, but I told her where I was from. "I live in a small town next to Georgia! What about you?" I said I was hoping and praying that she lived close to me. I waited for a reply as I turned on my television and watched Netflix. As I was searching for something to watch, I felt my phone vibrate against my leg. I took a quick glimpse at my phone, and I realised it was her. I put down my remote and picked up my phone. Stunned by the message I saw, I just stared at my screen. "Really?" I saw. "I live in Georgia. You aren't far at all!" I don't know what came over me, but when I saw this, my whole body flew up from lying down. A grin crept upon my face, and my stomach started turning in knots. She lived close. really? a beautiful girl like her living close to me? I couldn't believe it. After 2 whole minutes of staring at my phone, I soon came to the realisation that I had left it open, so I quickly responded. "How can a beautiful girl like you live so close to me?" she responded quickly with, "Awe, stop it. You're making me blush. You are beautiful." We talked for hours after this about our interests, what we do as a job, and things we love in general. I felt so happy talking to her, and this was just the beginning.