Chapter 11

Jewel's POV

To my surprise, Eric never reported me and I haven't seen him in over two weeks. It's strange not seeing him around and it leaves me wondering what he's up to. Leader stuff, I'm sure.

My injuries have heeled really well. A nurse in the infirmory cleared me for training. Unfortunately, I'm still lacking Eric's approval on the matter but since I haven't seen him, I'll take my chances.

I begin warming up by running a few laps around the compound. The cool air feels good on my sweaty skin. It's twilight out and everything seems so calm. Why can't it always be like this?

I slow into a walk once I'm close to the doors of the training room. I unzip the jacket I am wearing, revealing a black sports bra underneath. I walk inside and surprised to see Addie.

"What in the world are you doing here?" I laugh. She seems nervous, interlacing her fingers and bouncing from toe to toe. "I came in for some extra training. I thought I told you." Her tone is annoyed and I'm beginning to get the sense that she doesn't want me here.

"You never told me that. Why would you want extra training?" I put my hands in the pockets of my jacket as I wait for her to answer.

Unfortunately, she doesn't have to answer because not even two seconds later, Eric steps into view.

My eyes look to him and then back to Addie. I step close to her. "Does Miles know about this?"

She narrows her eyes at me and crosses her arms. "We broke up but sorry you didn't know that since you've been too busy with Ryan!"

My head jerks back in shock. "I work for Ryan! Jesus, Addie! Does Eric have you brainwashed!?"

I'm aware, suddenly that Eric is standing very close to us. "Watch yourself, Amity."

I throw my arms up in disgust. "Why is everyone so convinced that I'm with Ryan?! I work for him. I don't know how to make that anymore clear. Nothing is going on between us! But obviously, there's something going on here." I point to the both of them.

Eric clenches his jaw. "There's nothing going on."

Addie turns to him and whispers. "But what about what you said earlier?"

He doesn't even glance at her. "What about it? I changed my mind. I don't want to have anything to do with a whore."

I suppress a laugh. "Excuse me?!" She screams.

He turns to her finally. "Forget what I said. I need you to leave now. Amity and I have a few things we need to discuss."

"Why do you want to talk to her? She can't give you what you want. She's a fuckin virgin!"

I ball up my fists. My eyes fill with tears. "That was private!" I yell at her. "I trusted you!"

She rolls her eyes at me. "Sorry, babe."

I lunge for her. Anger coursing through me. She jumps back, away from my grasp. A set of hands make there way around my waist and I can no longer move forward.

"Let me go, Eric!!"

His lips come to the side of my ear. "No." He says, flatly.

Looking to Addie, he says, "Leave. Now."

"Seriously?" Like he's joking.

"Now." His voice is a growl.

She stomps her feet like a two year old child as she leaves. Eric's hands are still on my waist once she's gone and he does nothing to remove them, only turns me so I'm facing him.

"Could you stop calling me, Amity?" Is the first thing that I say. Idiot that I am.

He let's his right arm snake all the way around my back and pulls me closer to him while his left hand comes up to remove a piece of hair from my face.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Should I call you baby Jewels?" His face is void of any emotion.

I place my hands on his overly large biceps so I have something to hold onto. "No. Just call me by my name."

He adjusts his stance and in doing so, grips me tighter to him. He's so warm, I think.

"To me, your name is Amity."

I glare at him. "I'm not having this argument with you."

He laughs. "I know...... Amity." He winks down at me.

I squeeze his biceps, trying to cause him pain but only seem to be turned on by how firm they are.

"You're so aggravating!" I yell up at him.

"I know." He says, again. And then his lips are on mine, kissing me hungerley. I'm in utter shock so at first I don't kiss him back until his tongue pushes inside my mouth, making me gasp. Why am I not stopping this?!

Then he does something I'm especially not prepared for. He picks me up by the back of my thighs, forcing me to wrap my legs around his waist. I pull away from our kiss.

"Eric, what are you doing?" I say, out of breath.

He smirks. "We're about to do some proper training, Amity."

I give him a confused look.

Then, he drops me. Onto the hard black mat. "What the hell?!" I cough out.

He rolls his shoulders. All trace of playfulness gone. "Get into stance." He says, sternly.

Eric and Jewel kissed! But only because Eric wanted to distract her. :( or did he do it because he really wanted to? I made this one longer! Or at least tried. Comment and vote!