Part 28 - The Pressure

********

Title Track: The Pressure by Jhene Aiko

Korean dialogue will be labeled *K* ....

Yes you guys ... ya girl has been taking too many dabs cuz there's gonna be a lil FRENCH in this part. It's literally just two sentences but I thought it would work well and made for a cute funny little part in the elevator.

So the point is, there will be one instance of *F* instead of *K*

Thank you for reading I love you.

*****

Two cops were at our door and a man in a fancy suit. I bowed immediately and Roxy followed.

*K* "What's going on?" I asked them.

*K* "Good evening, ma'am. Are you Zeda Montgomery?" An officer asked and I of course nodded.

*K* "We need to speak with you ladies about last night at Gianni's."

I tried to keep calm and play it cool. Did someone report my incident? Was I going to get in trouble for concealing it?

*K* "Okay, yeah. That's no problem. Are we uh ... going to the police station?"

*K* "No, we can just conduct the interviews here in the office to save time. It's urgent."

They allowed me to change out of my robe and then we stepped out into the hallway.

*K* "I am officer Erskine, and this is my deputy Jihu. Behind me is detective WooTai." The man continued. *K* "If you wouldn't mind just following us downstairs." He said and then we all started towards the elevator.

We all crammed in and unfortunately, Roxy was nearest to the controls, so it was her job to push the right button. Which she of course didn't do.

We all felt the cab rising instead of descending and all eyes were on her. She looked back over at the board and her eyes went wide.

"Whoops. I hit the top floor instead of the bottom one." She tried to laugh but was a bit embarrassed and it made her more nervous.

She quickly hit the correct one, but the elevator was still going to travel all the way to the top before it took us where we needed to go.

Everything got way more tense. What if they think we're up to something now?

'Dammit Roxy.' I thought, shaking my head and looking down at my feet.

Everyone in the elevator could feel the tension and Roxy being true to her nature tried to ease it back down and break the ice.

"Can you tell the guy in the suit that he's handsome?" She said to me.

I covered my face with my palm. I was so embarrassed and now growing angry with her.

I sighed loudly. "No, Roxy. I'm not gonna-" I started saying with a strong attitude, but she interrupted me.

"Is French common around here? I could say it in French."

I again just sighed. "Roxy ... for the love of God, please do not -"

But of course, she started spitting out something I couldn't understand to embarrass us even further.

*F* 'I think you're very handsome, sir."

It was quiet for a few seconds, and I so badly wanted to just pry the doors open and leap to my death instead of being in this elevator.