Chapter 3

Sewers 2:00 am

"Readings are stronger over this way." said Donatello, looking down at the locator in his hand.

"How did you even get these things to work Donnie?" asked Leo, following behind with the others.

"Well, it was surprisingly easy. I mocked up some mini thermal energy thrusters from Dimension X, pulled a few wires from Mikey's Super Nintendo, and used the double A batteries from the tv remote."

"Aw man, I was gonna play Super Street Fighter II later." pouted Mikey.

"You'll get over it." said Raphael.

     As they walked in the direction they were going they noticed a rat crawling along the sewer floors. They stopped for a moment to find the Rat King standing before them.

"Rat King." said all four of the turtles at once.

"These signals are getting stronger." said Storm.

"Out of the way Rat King, we're searching for someone." commanded Leo.

"Searching for someone?" hissed the Rat King "Would that someone be a bald fellow in a green suit?"

"That's him. It must be." said Cyclops.

"Where is he bub?" growled Wolverine "Tell us unless you want this to get ugly."

"I do not wish to fight." snarled the Rat King "Follow me."

     The Turtles and the X-Men followed Rat King deeper into the sewers until they came to an alcove. Inside the professor was laying, as if he'd been hurt. Cyclops and Wolverine helped the professor to his feet. The teams thanked the Rat King for his cooperation and headed back to the Turtle Lair to let the professor recuperate.

"Looks like he had a nasty bump." said Storm.

"Yes, but the professor is strong. He'll pull through. I'm sure of it." said Nightcrawler.

"Guys, we got some trouble." said Donnie from the other room.

     The X-Men and the Turtles walked in to see a red haired news reporter on the TV set, standing in front of the Channel 6 News Building.

"We have just gotten word that two people with strange powers have just busted into the Channel 6 Station. Citizens claim one had green skin and was hopping alongside a man with blonde hair who shot fire from his hands. The two were last seen heading into the doors of Channel 6, with the Foot Clan close behind."

"Pyro and Toad." groaned Wolverine.

"I take it you know them?" asked Raph.

"They work for Magneto, our arch nemesis." said Cyclops "They are known as the Brotherhood, and like us they too fight for mutant equality."

"I don't see how that's a bad thing." said Leo.

"Well, unlike us, their ways are more radical." explained Cyclops.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go kick some butt." said Raphael.

"No." said Leo.

"No?" questioned Raph.

"This could be a trap." said Leo "Four of us will stay here and four of us will go."

"Alright, what do you got in mind?" asked Cyclops.
______________________________

Stockman Labs 2:30 am

"Stockman."

"I see you've come back Magneto. What more do you need?"

"I need more power."