NWH SPOILERS (A CHAPTER)

NO WAY HOME SPOILERS IF YOU HAVENT SEEN IT DONT READ

IM SO EMOTIONALLY DRAINED AFTER THAT MOVIE IT HAS TO BE THE GREATEST THING IVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE AND THE BEST MARVEL MOVIE OF ALL TIME. SO I NEED TO DROWN OUT THIS NUMBNESS BY MAKING PETER FEEL HIS FEELINGS

SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADO

OH WAIT ALSO SOME OF THE TIMING DOESNT MATCH UP BUT JUST PRETEND IT DOES THANK YOU

TW: NO WAY HOME SPOILERS SAD
ALSO FOR STORY PURPOSES MIT IS IN NEW YORK

***********************

Day by day.

Week by week.

Every afternoon after my classes at MIT, I stopped at MJ's cafe. It became a habit.

Every day I was filled with the same hope.

The same dream.

The same wish.

"Remember me."

Yet, it never changes.

Well, she knows my name and order by heart now. So I guess that's something. Ned doesn't even so much as glance in my direction.

I've lost everything.

No one left.

So, I've tried to keep my head up and move forward, study hard, Spider-Man in my free time. It was okay for awhile.

But seeing MJ and Ned so happy without me . . .

That was its own curse. A painful curse. I promised MJ I'd make her remember, but all those memories we had, we shared, they're all gone. I don't even have pictures on my phone of us together. Just distant memories. And it hurts.

It hurts so bad.

I don't know how else to explain it.

I just want to sob every time I see them, but I know I can't. How would I explain it? "I'm sorry for crying it's just that you used to be my girlfriend and you used to be my best friend and I'm Spider-Man and I used a magic spell to make sure everyone that knew I was Spider-Man forgot about me and now you don't remember."? It doesn't make sense no one would believe it.

To have MJ in my arms, to kiss her again.
To hug Ned, play legos or finally finish building the Death Star.

What a dream that would be. But I have no one. Not Happy, not May. I'm all alone.

I pushed open the door to my small apartment, threw the keys onto the night stand and laid down on my bed.

I got a job with the Daily Bugle, taking pictures of Spider-Man, so I'm getting the money I need. I was surprised he let me on, he's a deeply mistrusting person and I respect it.

It took a while for me to get out of my sluggish state, with losing everyone and all that, but my job helped, it's kinda the only thing I've got going for me right now.

I've tried to keep it together, but with finals coming up and everything that's happened these past few months, I'm not sure how much longer I can take it.

I sit up and put my head in my hands.

"Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. If you'd just called MIT and asked them to reconsider none of this would have happened."

Or even if I told Dr Strange before he started his spell to leave out a few people instead of interrupting him. Or maybe I should've just left well enough alone.