sick | genya x tanjiro

genya x tanjiro (romantic)

best read in: cream background

font: middle size

!lowercase intended!

when sick, what's a better remedy than love and cuddles?

when the sunlight was shining dimly in his room, genya woke up, his whole body felt heavy. his head pounded like someone was target training with a gun inside his head. his face felt hot and overall, he just felt shit. the black-haired male tried to think of a reason why, then remembered that last night, he had been dancing in the cold snow with his lover, his red-headed tanjiro.

thinking of their fun last night brought a smile to his face, until a cough interrupted his thoughts. it seems that every time you start coughing when sick, you can't seem to stop. that's what happened to genya. the coughing got worse until he was doubled over in his bed. miserable, he tried to fall back asleep, hoping that he was better when he woke back up again.

on the other side of the demon slayer headquarters, tanjiro was wondering why his little lover boy wasn't up yet, the sun was already shining high up in the sky, indicating that it was around noon. the scarred boy asked around the headquarters, no one had seen him. even muichiro had given a vague shake of his head before resuming to look at the clouds.

worried, he went to check up on his significant other, terrified that something had happened to him. his thoughts went into overdrive when genya didn't come open the door when he knocked. what if a demon had managed to get int? why did he leave him yesterday? feeling guilty, tanjiro panicked and threw the door open after knocking for the fifth time in a row.

racing down the hallway, he didn't care if someone told sanemi that he had intruded into his younger brother's living quarters. the hard-headed (literally) boy threw open the door of his genya's bedroom and breathed a sigh of relief when he saw the mop of black hair peeking up over the blankets. but the panic came back with a vengeance when he remembered that, although genya wasn't an early riser, he wouldn't be in bed till noon unless he was ordered to stay in bed for longer than 7 o'clock in the morning.

tanjiro frowned and moved the blanket away from his lover's face and saw that his face was unusually red. he placed his calloused hand on his forehead, feeling the temperature. it was hot. unusually hot. immediately tanjiro realised that his genya baby was sick, he had enough experience with sick younger siblings so he knew exactly what to do.

just as he was mentally making notes for what he should get from the headquarters, he heard a small sigh from genya as he fluttered his eyes open to see the concerned face of tanjiro. quick as a flash, genya's hand reached out from underneath the blankets and latched onto tanjiro's wrist like a vice.

with a swift and sharp tug, tanjiro tumbled onto the futon and was captured into the black-haired male's unforgivingly tight grip. he clung onto the redhead like a koala would to a tree. tanjiro sighed, knowing that he wouldn't be able to escape for a while. happy that there was no struggles, genya snuggled his head against tanjiro's back and fell asleep.

tanjiro sighed, knowing that he wouldn't be able to go anywhere while he was trapped in genya's arms. those medicine supplies would have to wait a bit...

word count: 574

requested by@dbdandanimeweeb 

i really hope that you liked this one! it might not be as good since i haven't tried to write any character x character before. 😅

welcome back to the bitter reality,

mokkechild