Chapter 1

Cami's POV

"Can you believeit Cami!" my best friend, Amaya shriecked while throwing another pair of shorts into what was now her third piece of luggage. " We're going to be CIT's! This is what we've dreamt about since we were 9!" "I know" I retorted sarcastically. " They do have really good pay, and the foods not half bad." "Camden Renee Gordan" she huffed " This isn't about pay, this is about getting to spend our whole summer at Golden Oaks, being the person all the little kids look up too! "

I honestly couldn't believe it myself. I loved Golden Oaks, and tommorow we would ride up there to start our jobs as Paid Counselers in Training, or as it is known in the camp world, CIT's. Golden Oaks was my favorite part of summer since I was 9 years old and able to attend. June 25th-July 25th revolved around ropes course, smore's, arts and crafts and outdoor games all day. I would'nt have it any other way. But, this year will be even better than the years before. Because I'm 16, I am able to get a job and old enough to be getting paid, not volunteer.

"Hello?!" Amaya shouted over my blaring music, bringing me back to the world my messy room instead of campfire smores . " Your dad said he wanted the car loaded by 9 and it's already 7:30. We've barely packed anything, so unless you want to go to camp naked, lets get moving!"

Finally, at 10:15 (sorry Dad), we loaded the car with my 2 suitcases, duffel bag, blankets, pillows, sheets, sleeping bag, tolietries, and Amaya's stuff, our Honda Pilot was jammed packed. It seems like were divas but we really aren't. We are only allowed to do laundry once a week, so we have to bring alot so we have clean clothes, swimsuits and undergarments. "Hey bean" my Dad called as were closing the trunk. "Doesn't your brother still have to load his stuff too?" My brother, Parker is a 3 years older than me and is a Camp Counsler becase he was already a CIT two years ago. He goes to college, but lives at home. We are super close and I'm excited that'll I'll get to be with him at training for the first time. He loves Golden Oaks, just like me. "Yeah, but he's going to have a hard time fitting his stuff also." I replied as I was making sure I had extra shampoo in my tolietry bag. "I'll have to get the roof storage down" my Dad grumbled. "I won't be able to make dinner, so girls go ahead and order a pizza." "Okay Daddy, love you" I said and gave him a kiss on the cheek. " Good night Mr. Gordon" Amaya said as she followed me in the kitchen to called Pizza Hut for our last dinner at home for a month."

"I hope we get in the same color group" Amaya said as I started up Netflix. Our pizza just arrived and we decided to have a movie/ TV marathon. Camp doesn't allow electronics when we are with the kids. Since we only have a 2 hour break during the day, that basically means always. "And that we have good co-counselors and no nose pickers" I added while Amaya giggled. In each cabin there are six kids of the same age, a CIT (thats me), and a Counselor. They have about 350 campers, so instead of having one cabin at each activity at a time, they have groups of 2 girl cabins and 2 boy cabins, otherwise known as your color. Since Amaya and I are both CIT's we won't be in the same cabin, but being in the same color is the next best thing because we'll be doing all our activities together. We don't get any information about our cabin, color, kids, or co-counselor until tommorow when training week starts. Training, from what I heard from Parker is fun for the most part, but also alot of prep work. I'm very anxious, but training is not the only reason. Amaya said reading my thoughts " Don't be nervous, training and camp will be great! And even if we don't end up in the same color, I'll still see you. Last summer isn't something you should stress about either." A knot idmediatly arose in my stomach "But what if he's there" I replied sheepishly.

Zach's POV

I love being outdoors and that's why I loved Golden Oaks. I started going when I was nine and I haven't missed a summer yet. But this year is even better. I'm 16 now, which means I can be a CIT. I will get paid and get to sleep in an actual cabin instead of those dry rotted trailers like the volunteers. And, my best friend Jacob will be there. It's his first year. We've known each other since the 6th grade, but he never wanted to go, until there was a paycheck involved. "Dude, how much stuff should I bring?" Jacob asked. I was finished packing, but Jacob needed my help. "Check the packing list, it's on my desk." "Whoa dude, that's alot, how much luggage is it going to take?" he said shocked. " I have a suitcase, backpack and duffel plus my sleeping bag and bedding. But we will have trunks to unload our stuff in" I explained to him. " Why do we need a sleeping bag also, if we have beds and bedding?" he questioned "For the White Star Lake and Smoky Bear Mountain Retreat. Plus, sometimes we like to sleep under the stars." The retreats happen twice and last for two day each. We hike to our designated spot based on our color and domain. There are 2 color groups, Blue and Red. Then, you get a domain based on your age group. Domain names change every year. Last year it was trees, which was lame. Once we get to our spot, we pitch tents. Then we have survival training which is fun. But the best part is the compass course. You get a compass and a map and have to find your way to the spot marked. Then we make a fire, eat and tell stories. "Dude" Jacob starts talking "You know what, the retreat is probably the best placee to get girl action." he states. "Your right, it happened last summer. It's super easy to do since the Counselors don't come on the retreat." I replied. " You just have to wait until it's late when you're a camper. But since we're CIT's it'll be 10 times easier." As I said it, I thought about her, I wonder if she'll be there.