Chapter 2

Cami's POV

*BANG BANG BANG* I immediately was awake. "Get up bedbug, today's the big day!" Parker yelled from outside my door. "UGHH!!!!!" As much as I loved Golden Oaks, I hated mornings. We had to be up and at breakfast by 7:30, which I hated. It was 8:45 now and that was early for me! "Cami if you aren't in the kitchen in 5 minutes, I will personally drag you down the stairs." He threatened.

He isn't kidding, trust me I know. That biology test wasn't even that big of a deal.

I called Amaya because I wanted to lay out my clothes before I went downstairs to eat. She's probably already dressed and ready because she doesn't mind waking up early. That's why she didn't spend the night, normally I don't mind her waking up early but I wanted as much sleep as possible. She answered on the second ring. "Hey I'm surprised your up already." She said. "That's Parker's doing." I stated with a chuckle, she knew me so well. "My parents are about to leave for the office but I will be over in about 20 so I can eat with you." Amaya's parents are big business owners so they aren't home very much. Its just Amaya and the maids.

And her very full wallet.

"Cool, I'll see you when you get here " I said and then hung up.

~~~~~

" AHHH! " an excited Amaya squealed as our car went past the camp sign. "We're here already?" I couldn't believe it. I love riding in the car, listening to music and looking at the scenery, it puts me in a calm state. Those two and a half hours felt like nothing. " Can you believe 7 years ago this is were we first met?" I reminisced. "You were so scared!" Amaya replied while cackling at the memory.

It was our first year of camp where we actually became best friends. It was the first day of camp. I was so scared to spend time away from my parents. Immediately after my parents dropped me off, I started crying in the corner while everyone else was playing freeze tag and making friends. Lots of kids were snickering and pointing at me, which only made me more sad. Parker had gone off with his friends to play football before I started to cry or I'm sure he would've stayed and comforted me, looking back I think that's a good thing. Then, just as I was about to get a counselor to help me phone home, Amaya appeared with a pink playground ball and wanted to know if I would play with her. I sniffled and nodded shyly toward the energetic and friendly girl. Within a couple of hours, I was smiling.

She had the power to do that, making people smile when they need it most.

That whole summer we were so close. She lived in Idaho at the time, so we got each others emails and phone numbers so we would still be friends through the school year. When camp ended we were so sad to leave our new, but very special friendship. But what we didn't know was that wasn't the end. 3 weeks after camp ended, the house 5 doors down from mine sold.

You guessed it, Mrs. Rose, the wicked old lady who yelled whenever children played near home was sold to none other than Amaya's family. Her parents landed a great business deal in Florida and they moved to where we live, the quiet beach neighborhood Shady Palms, FL. You wouldn't imagine the shock I had! We hugged and hugged and then played barbies at my house. The rest of that summer and beyond we were together, she became my other (louder and obnoxious) half. I think that was probably the best thing to ever happen to me, Amaya.

ZACH'S POV

I was up bright and early putting my bags into the backseat of my Mom's minivan. It's what you would typically think of as your soccer mom car, which fits her perfectly. That's what she is, a soccer, football, and baseball mom.

Yeah, I know, I'm pretty awesome.

But I get that from her, because I sure as hell don't get it from my dad. He left when my mom got pregnant with my little sister. I hate that man more than anything, he's just a name that gives us some money every once in a while (not a lot). The only thing I can even tolerate about him is he helped make Olivia and I.

Olivia is 8 years old and is going to camp for the first time this year. The youngest you can go is 9 but her birthday is during camp.

I may have pulled some strings, but I'd do anything to make her happy. She always loved hearing about camp from me and has been dying to go.

I love my whole family (I don't consider my dad family). I help alot with my siblings. She is such an amazing little girl. She is a great ballerina. I drop off and pick up and even do their makeup for game day.

Recital, sorry.

Olivia does girl scouts also, so your here with your Jr. Troop leader. And since we live by the beach I always take her to swim or surf. She is a good swimmer but is still working on the surfing.

I do everything I do for her because its not her fault that we have a dick head dad who doesn't love us. But she doesn't need him, she has me.

As I loaded the last bag I heard the pitter patter of little feet.

"Zach!" I heard Olivia shriek from inside the house. "Bumblebee I'm out here!" I shouted. Almost immediately she darted out of the house and into my arms. " Are we leaving yet?" She asked. "Just about, we still have to eat and then we can leave. Let's go inside." I replied. She wiggled out of my arms as we ran into the kitchen to eat our waffles.

***

As we pulled into camp, I grew excited. But not my little sister. She wailed and latched onto to me like a leech. "Liviloo, be a good girl for mommy. I'll see you in a week." I said in a soothing voice as I lifted her up and looked into her eyes. " I can't wait! Will I see you?" she questioned. "I wouldn't have it any other way." I stated and her smile grew. I gave her a big hug and walked my family out to the car and watched them pull out.

I was at camp, and soon so would my little sister. I couldn't be happier.