038; trying to make an effort

END GAME
༉ 📓 ₊ ˚ 🗯 ⋆ ˳ 🔗 ͛ ๑ —
chapter thirty-eight

third person.

after finishing school corbyn and isabella had made their way to her apartment. not only so she could get her school bag, but her car as well and also so she could start cleaning up her room to make things easier when they move.

as they sat there in her bedroom, both going through her things while music played on her record player since it was only them there and she didn't have to worry about her step-dad who would've yelled at her.

"are you looking forward to moving?" corbyn asked, breaking the comfortable silence they were in.

"i want to see the place before i decided," she shrugged. "and if you know who's going or not."

"i don't want to give you hope, but do you think she would move places and bring him?" he watched her shrug once again. "i think she's trying to make an effort, bell."

"i know the lease is ending soon so i wouldn't be surprised if he came as well because mom never believes me," she sighed. "or even cares about me."

"bella, your mom does care about you. and i'm sure your mom also believes you as well."

"hm," she hummed as she got up and then left the room, heading for the bathroom.

corbyn grabbed his phone and replied to his friends. glancing out of the bedroom after hearing the front door open, waiting to see if whoever it was would possibly come into his view.

isabella let out a huff as she came back into the room and almost slammed the door behind herself. sitting down, this time beside corbyn rather than across.

"lewis is home," she mumbled.

"it's okay, i'm here, you'll be fine," he reassured her but she was still not happier about being at the apartment. "would you like go home?"

"mhm," she nodded.

"let's clean all this up," he pointed at all her stuff which was laying on the floor. "and then we can leave."

"okay.."

the two started cleaning up the little mess they made in her room. having zero percent of packing up her bedroom for the move completed, just a bag with things for the trash being to only dint made.

"isabella!" lewis heavily knocked on the door, which kind of made the both of them jump slightly. and without even her responding, he opened up the door and looked between the couple. "first, turn your fucking music down."

"no," she crossed her arms, no moving from her spot. "it's not even that loud."

"and you," he pointed at corbyn. "you need to leave. isabella, how many time do you need to be reminded that you're not allowed guys over."

"dude, she's eighteen and not your kid," corbyn shook his head at him. "just let her do her own thing."

"leave, now!" lewis raised his voice at the boy.

isabella stood up and so did corbyn seconds after. she turned off her record played and grabbed her car keys while he grabbed his belongings. then the both left the room, pushing past her stepdad.

"no, isabella, you're staying!" he protested as he followed them over to the door.

not receiving a response from either as they walked out the door before he could stop her. the two started making their down to the parking garage, isabella occasionally glanced behind her to make sure lewis wasn't still following them.

"are you good?" corbyn asked, her staying close to him while they entered into the elevator. pulling her into a hug after pressing which level they wanted to go to.

"mhm. i'm just annoyed. i never have even an hour at home like by myself because he's just always around and i hate it."

"maybe you should talk to your mom and find out about the whole move situation?" he suggested as she had pulled away from the hug.

"i was messaging her in class earlier.." she mumbled, receiving a confused look from the boy. "and she basically just told me to have all my stuff packed up before the twentieth but don't make it obvious to lewis."

"i'm guessing he doesn't know," he replied as they made their way out of the elevator.

"i guess"

"you can't be mad at your mom, bell. she knows what he done, and she's trying to make things better for you," he reminded her as she let out a small sigh. "jenny works hard and you just need to give her time to get everything worked out."

"i guess," she repeated, not wanting to put anymore effort into the conversation.

the two continued walking in silence to her car, him not wanting to make her too upset before going to his place. stopping in front of her car as she gave him a hug.

"you really aren't in the mood today," he quietly spoke up through a small laugh. they stayed like that for a few seconds, and once she had lifted her head up he placed a kiss on her lips. "i'll see you at home, okay."

"okay," she gave him a soft smile.

AUTHORS NOTE!

short-ish chapter but idc i don't even know how i feel about this update. anyway i decided to do something in between. and i also decided there's gonna be 50 chapters in this book and i have the concepts all planned out👍