Part 8

We took off running through the snow, with those of us who could fly in the air. The cold bit at my face and made my eyes water as we ran through trees towards the base. Steve wasn't kidding, it was incredibly similar to the one Wanda, Pietro and I were kept at. Even similar structure. Tony shot through the sky above and began disabling their shields, while the rest of us remained moving forward as a group, mentally preparing ourselves to fight.

I focused on my hands, and tried to push doubting thoughts away. As soon as I felt the warmth on my skin I knew I was in control of my abilities. We ran harder and soon enough, we were met by a bloody small army of Hydra soldiers. Not the Winter Soldier type of soldiers, no these were simply racist white men who enjoyed working for a twisted and evil organization. I felt no guilt as I watch Natasha shoot one.

The two groups rushed each other, and everything was happening at once. I blasted a group of three men over, I didn't check if they were dead, they were at least unconscious, and sent one flying through the air. I scanned the chaos to see who needed help. Pressed my hands to me cheeks and ran to assist Natalia, who was being circled. Every time she shot one of them dead, another asshole and sometimes two would take his place.

I ran and blasted a few of them out of the way, stood in front of Natasha and got on my knees. And pushed my hands into the snow and felt a surge of energy run through my hands and into the earth, creating a shockwave that sent the bastards flying. Without a word I left Natasha to go fight some more of the soldiers.

Scanning the area, my eyes settled for a moment on Barnes fighting, delivering fatal blow after blow. He didn't see the small tank rolling towards him, but I did. Barnes was far from me, and so I prayed I could get there in time. It would have been helpful to have Tony here. Once I gauged that I was close enough and did my best to time it, I pressed my palm against the trunk of a large tree, and delivered a shock wave to it. The tree creaked and screeched as it fell, which was a horrible sounds to be right next to, but internally whooped in joy when the large tree landed on top of the tank, forcing it to pause long enough for me to get there, and deliver a wave directly into the tank.

As soon as I felt the surge of energy transfer to the tank, I ran as far away from it as I could- as soon as that shock wave hits the engine and motor components, the thing was going boom. I was only about twenty feet away when it went off, and the force of the blast hit me from behind, throwing me onto my stomach.

I couldn't breathe, and my ears were ringing. It felt like the ground was rocking beneath me. I laid there, paralyzed for a moment until I felt to large hands under my armpits, heaving me up onto my feet. My knees tried to give out underneath me, but the hands held me up. I turned my head and was surprised to see Barnes, looking at me blankly. Fucking poker face. I tried to speak, but no words were coming out, so I gestured to my ears and shook my head. He nodded once and sat me down of a rock a bit further away from the action before returning to the fight.

I put my head in my hands and tried to take deep breaths, sucking air in through my nose and out through my mouth. I'm okay, everyone is still okay, I'm still alive. I told myself this over and over again, zoning out until I realized I could here gunshots and blasts again. I stood up immediately and ran back to the centre of it all, blasting Hydra soldiers right and left. The small speaker in my right ear suddenly came to life, carrying Tony's voice.

"Shields are down, it's go time."
"Copy that," Steve's voice came after. We began hauling ourselves up the hillside, fighting our way to the top where we blasted a large hole in the wall, entering the building.

"All right, split up, you know your teams." I looked at Steve, confused.

"Ya no I never got any teams," I said, mildly annoyed. I realized I was here to be collateral damage, but they could at least tell me the whole plan.

"You can go with Bucky and Nat," Steve said, his light blue eyes boring into mine.

"Of course you send the human shield with your favourites." I roll my eyes. This is bullshit.

"Let's go, Y/n," Natasha said, beginning to show some exhaustion. She had a smear of dirt or ash or something dark over the side of her forehead, and a split in the corner of her mouth. I glared at the ground for a moment and then walked towards where she and Barnes her standing.

"You all know the objective, be smart and take care of each other." Steve finished up his little captain's speech and Tony cut in.

"Be back here by 19:50, I blow this place at 20:00. Don't be late, I don't want to be blown to smithereens by my own damn bombs saving any of your asses." I rolled my eyes again and began running with Natasha and Barnes as She led us down multiple flights of stairs. She stopped before she turned the first corner and held her gun up, peering around the corner slowly. We were immediately met by a small shower of bullets, barely giving Natasha enough time to whip back behind the wall. She waited a few seconds for the bullets to stop, and turned to the two of us.

"We'll cover you, send a shock through the floor and take them out," Natasha laid out the orders and I nodded, getting into a position to crouch near the floor once I sprung out from behind the wall. "Go!"
I threw myself down to the ground and pressed my palms into the concrete floor, feeling a ripple of energy course down my arms and into the floor, sending a major wave of energy towards to group of soldiers, as they exchanged shots with Natasha and Barnes above me. As the wave collided with the group of soldiers, a chorus of yells erupted, followed by the sound of multiple bodies hitting the ground. Without wasting anytime, I got up off the ground and leaned against the wall for support.

"Okay. I'm good. Let's go," I got up off the wall and adjusted my suit. The same plan was repeated for hallways after hallway, until we reached a floor labelled 'nur Autorität'. I looked at Natasha.

"Authority only." She replied. I held my hand against the lock-pad, frying them circuits. With a satisfying 'click' the door popped open, allowing us to step inside. Along the walls, lights slowly came on, one at a time. Observing the room, it looked like an office. There was a large wooden desk at the other end of the room, with a simple wooden chair, and metal filing cabinets lining the walls.

"Search for anything labelled about humanoid advancements. Grab it, briefcase it, and let's get out of here. We have twenty minutes to get what we can."

Barnes and I nodded, and the three of us got to work, flipping through filing cabinets. As I was flipping, I reached one labelled with my name on it. Following my file, there were two more with my siblings names on it. I grabbed the three of them and set them in the file. I kept myself aware of my surroundings as I continued to search. I checked my watch. Ten minutes. I looked at the briefcase. It was full enough.

"We have ten minutes to meet the rest of the team, I think we should leave right away." Natasha nods in response and buckles the case shut, and as we double check to make sure we didn't leave anything behind, a fourth pair of footsteps joined us. I knew what was coming before it happened, and had no time to think of any other solutions. I was by the wall next to the door, and completely hidden to the soldier, whereas Natasha and Barnes were in his clear line of vision. With a quick prayer, I stepped out in front of the shooter as he pulled the trigger, and my world went dark.