1

8 year old Y/N cries as he bravely stood up to their father while hiding his little brother, Chifuyu (5), behind him.

"Why... Why would you?!" He yells furiously, holding  Chifuyu's hand tightly as he tries to protect him.

"Stop it, otou-san!! Stop hitting nii-san with the bottle!!" Chifuyu yelled.

"Stupid kids. This is why I left your whore of a mother." Drunk father says, holding the broken bottle in his hands tightly.

"Then why force us to live with you then?! You sick fat fuck!!" Y/N talks back.

"Ah, you're talking back now?! Let see if you could talk back after this." His father slurs, raising his hand up.

"Nii-san!!!" Chifuyu screams in horror, seeing his older brother drop to the floor, face bloody.

"You really are a monster..." Y/N mumbles weakly, forcing himself to stand up and protect his little brother from getting hit.

He looks back at the little Chifuyu, smiling bravely. "Don't worry, Fuyu. Big bro will protect you!" He says, smiling even though his head was bleeding and one eye was forced shut.

Luckily, the police arrived with their concerned neighbor and mother on time.

"Hands up, Mr.(Last Name)!!! You are under arrest for commiting child abuse!!" The police yelled, cuffing father and taking him away.

"Let me go!! I have to discipline my disappointment of a son!!!" He yells.

"Shut the fuck up!" Y/N yells, before collapsing to the ground, head bleeding more than it should be.

"Call the ambulance, now!!!" Their mother yells, horror evident on her face as she saw Y/N's state.

"I'm so sorry for being late, my babies... Mommy's here now. She won't leave you boys anymore." Mother Matsuno shushes the crying Chifuyu and the passed out Y/N, cradling the young boys in her warm arms.

"Mommy won't let you guys get hurt anymore." She says, determined.

.
.
.

Present Time - 2005
(2nd Person POV - You/Your/Yours)

"Y/N, sweetie, Chifuyu's waiting for you! It's time to wake up now!" Your lovely mother knocks on your door, her cheery voice ringing in the house.

"Mhm... Good morning." You opened the door, hair sticking up from different directions.

You were now 16 years old. Three years older than Chifuyu as he was 13.
You grew up a lot, but got filled with awkwardness and lack of ability to socialize with other people.
You were really quiet and awkward when around people, especially if they tried to initiate conversations with you.

"Ah, there's my pretty firstborn boy! Come down now, breakfast is ready!" She chirps, smiling as she saw you.

"Hi mama, where's Fuyu?" You sleepily smiled at her.

"He's downstairs, bub. Now go before he eats your share of waffles!" She urges you to the kitchen.

"Oh hell no he wont!" You exclaimed, running to the kitchen.

"Don't run, Y/N! You might trip!!" Mama Matsuno warns.

You both took the Matsuno surname since you both didn't want the bastard's last name.
And yes, you're proud to be a Matsuno. And so was Chifuyu.

"Fuyu, you better not eat my waffles!!"

"Nii-san, I literally didn't touch your plate!!"

.
.
.

"Not the usual omelette hairstyle? You look stupidly adorable." You giggled, seeing Chifuyu's bleached hair down, tidied and brushed.

"Still with the hentai protagonist hairstyle? You look weirdly attractive." He giggles back, pointing at your hair, which was fluffy and covering your eyes.

"Touché, my baby brother." You hummed, picking your bag up from the chairs. You then put your shoes on, then wiped the dirt away from it.

"As it should be, my older brother." He hums back, picking his own bag up.

"You're gonna meet up with Baji-kun later?" You asked.

"Yeah, we're going on a little date... I'm gonna be home before 6pm though. Wouldn't want mama to worry." He hums, putting his shoes on.

"Yeah, and no one's feeding the cat when you're out." You teased.

"His name is Peke J!! Not 'The Cat'!! And you feed him sometimes too, nii-san!!" He whines.

"Okay, chill. I'll go out now. I don't wanna be a late comer like you." You teased him more, seeing his chubby cheeks puffed out was entertaining.

"Nii-san!!" He complained.

"Now now, boys. It's still early!" Mama Matsuno scolds, putting a hand on her hip.

"Sorry! We'll go now, ma! See you!" You both said in unison, opening the door and running out.

"Stay safe, you two!!" She waved.

You and Chifuyu ran separate directions, well, he ran, you walked.

.
.
.

You had your earphones on, blasting Gurenge since you liked shonen anime/manga.

You walked in the busy halls of your highschool, trying not to mind everyone's stares as they watched you walk by.
Your anxiety was raising levels as you took steps, self consciousness flooding your mind as you did do.

It was like you were that one character in that Shoujou manga Chifuyu was reading.

"... Ngh." You groaned, squirming slightly as you walked, head low and eyes on the ground. You gripped your bag tightly.

"Stop staring at me..." You mumbled quietly, wanting the stares to end.