chapter 20

*third person pov*

"Why do you have to go? It's nearly Christmas" Nadia whined hugging the woman, Wanda had to leave for a night due to work related reasons and the brunette was not very happy or well even happy at all about it.

Wanda bent down slightly to give the girl a kiss on the head before gently prying the girl from her, of course Nadia tried to hug her again so Wanda held Nadia's arms by her sides rendering her unable to "it's only for a night" she reassuringly said.

However Nadia was still not convinced "one night is too long" she whined back.

"You'll still have mommy and Sebastian, don't you love them?" Wanda tried convincing her "I do love them! I swear!" The girl said panicked.

She didn't want them to think that she didn't love them.

"But I love when we're all together" she added "have you never heard the phrase 'distance makes the heart grow fonder', I'll be back in no time" Wanda replied.

Nadia sighed and stepped away slightly as she crossed her arms that Wanda had now loosened her grip on.

Wanda and Natasha smiled at her understanding, "you have to call me and mommy tonight though, before bedtime" Nadia said although it sounded more like a demand, Wanda chuckled at her demand and nodded.

"Of course, I'll miss you just as much as you miss me" the woman told her and Nadia shook her head "that's not possible" Nadia responded "it is" Wanda replied.

"It's not"

"It is"

"It's not"

"Okay enough of acting like children" Natasha cut them off "well I am a child, she's just childish" Nadia replied with a smirk "touché" Wanda said.

There was silence for a moment and then suddenly something popped into Nadia's head "wait!" She said quickly- confusing both of the women stood beside her.

She then quickly went into the living room and grabbed her stuffed dog, she rushed back into the hallway with the dog in her hands "you're taking Max tonight" Nadia demanded leaving no room for discussion.

Wanda was hesitant to take the stuffed toy from her.

"You need him, he's your toy Nadia" she said "but you can have him for tonight so then you don't miss me" the girl explained her logic as she held out the stuffed toy.

"You can't sleep without him though" Wanda justified "I can! I can sleep without him for one night" she said proudly and hesitantly Wanda took the stuffed toy from the girls hands "are you sure?" Wanda questioned "positive"

It was now time for Wanda to leave so Nadia stood in the doorway with Natasha behind her as they both watched Wanda get into her car and start it.

When Wanda's car was no longer in view tears welled up in Nadia's eyes.

She sniffled as she turned around to hug the redhead that had been stood behind her, Natasha patted her on the back to try comfort her "she'll be back soon" she told the girl; Nadia took a deep breathe before pulling away from the hug.

She nodded at the woman as she put on a brave face "uh huh" she replied.

"Do you wanna colour?" Natasha asked "we can get the markers out that mama doesn't let you have because they're too messy" she added with a smirk