Chapter 11...

Lily...this is great." My boss, Mrs. Bell, finally spoke.

It was Thursday morning and I had just given her my interview/story of James Morris. She had taken so long to read it I thought she hated it at first.

"Really?" I twirled my fingers together in my lap as I looked at her. I honestly thought it could be better. After James left me in the coffee shop yesterday my mind was all over the place. I couldn't focus as much as I wanted last night with him stuck in my head.

It was hard to wrap my head around that James was the James Morris. Somehow I, Lily Mathews, had slept with one of the most famous actors in the world. And on top of that he actually wanted to hear from me again. He could have brushed it off as a one night stand but he didn't.

"I got a call this morning from James Morris actually." At James's name I sat up straighter. He called my boss?

"You did?"

"Yes. He told me you were very polite, professional, and that he really enjoyed the interview."

"H-he said that?"

"He did." Mrs. Bell leaned back in her chair, looking right at me. I can't believe James actually called my boss to tell her that. "With what I am seeing here and what I heard from Mr. Morris I would like to say Lily....you got the promotion."

I said nothing for a full minute her words sinking in. I got the promotion?!

"I...uh...thank you Mrs. Bell." I finally forced the words out.

"As junior writer you will be able to pick what you want to write about and you will get to travel." What she said after that I have no clue. My mind shut down, too busy trying to believe I actually got the promotion.

In a daze I left her office and somehow made it back to my cubicle. So much has happened in the last 48 hours. I found myself reaching for my phone and going to the number I saved in it last night.

I stared at the number, thousands of thoughts running through my head. I wasn't even sure what I was doing as I hit dial and brought the phone up to my ear. It only rang two times before a familiar voice answered.

"Hello?"

"When will you be back in New York?"

The End.