Chapter 5

Sasuke woke by being shaken by his shoulders. His head was buzzing and it sounded like someone was calling his name but he couldn't make it out.

He was flooded with memories of their encounter and quickly jumped to his feet. He searched around him but only found Sakura. She had been the one shaking and calling out to him.

"It's okay Sasuke" she said as she grabbed his hand. "I don't know where we are but we are safe." She was sitting on the ground next to him, trying to calm him.

He let out a sigh, "We need to figure out where we are so we can come up with a plan. Wait here." And he jumped up into the trees above them. They were in a dense forest and he couldn't see much of the surrounding area so he knew he needed to seek higher ground.

Once he reached the top he saw the last thing he would've expected, the gates of Konoha.

'How did we end up here?'

Then he remembered the scroll. Gentoma opened it and then they woke up here. That meant they had been sent to another time. Now they had to figure out if it was the past or future.

He jumped down and landed next to Sakura, which made her jump in surprise. He crouched next to her, "We are in Konoha."

Her jaw dropped, she was speechless.

Sasuke continued, "We need to know if we were sent to the past or the future. Then we can start figuring out how to get out of this. Let's go."

They leaped from limb to limb, racing to Konoha. He didn't know what to expect. It made him anxious about what time period they had been sent to.

Finally reaching the gate they leaped up to land on top of the wall that over looked the village. "The village looks like it did before the Pain Attack." Sakura commented as they looked around. "That means we have been sent to the past" Sasuke said, finishing her sentence.

"Sasuke look!" She exclaimed, pointing at a particular part of the village. Sasuke followed where her finger was pointing and it was at the Uchiha Compound. Without wasting a second Sasuke jumped from the wall and took off. Sakura kept up as best she could but he was faster than her.

He slid to a stop at the gates of the compound. They were open, no longer boarded up or taped off. He could see people in the streets, businesses were open. Sakura arrived beside him just a moment later.  She was just as in shock as Sasuke was.

He slowly began to walk into the compound, moving without thinking. People greeted him with the same warmth and kindness as they did when he was a child. He recognized so many faces and businesses.

Sakura fell in step beside him and leaned in close, "Are you okay?" She was concerned. This was a lot for him to take in and process. This place is the heart of his pain and trauma.

"I don't know." He answered her honestly. He didn't know if he was okay. His clan was alive before his very eyes. Did he exist in this time? Did his parents? Itachi? It was a lot for him to try and process. None of this seemed real.

They were walking past the Leaf Police Station when he stopped dead in his tracks. He saw his mother walking down the street towards them. She had a lunch sack in her hand, he guessed she was taking lunch to his father at work.