Chapter 32

" old self "

Third Person

Third Person

"Where are you going?" David's voice asked as Andrew was about to open the front door.

The boy turned back around to face him. "To the river court," he answered as he readjusted his sports bag on the shoulder.

He nodded his head slowly before opening his mouth to speak. "Getting back into the hustle of things, that's great." his son just flashed a fake smile before turning to leave but then gets interrupted again. "You know what I'll join you, let me just get ready. It'll be just like old times." He walked back upstairs to go get his stuff. Andrew let his head fall and let out a sigh thinking about where this day could go.

So a quick recap about those old times that are always talked about. When Andrew was young he loved spending time with his dad. David enjoyed having his son around at times. His dad would show and teach his son about basketball. It was father and son time that both liked but that was until Andrew grew older and started forming his own opinions.

When Andrew grew the gut to speak back to his father. When he started to notice that the person he idolized was not the same guy he thought he was. And that was the start of this broken father and son relationship.

"Okay let's go!" David exclaimed as he jogged downstairs and went out the door. Andrew closed his eyes momentarily before opening them and following his father.

~

While the two Scott brothers were attending a game and the girls at their slumber party, Andrew had been stuck on a basketball court with his father for the past few hours. Needless to say, he was having the worst day out of the bunch.

Andrew was shooting his tenth three-point shot and just like the previous ones, he missed. The weeks of being forced to rest caught up to him. "Damn it!" he grunted.

"Looks like that injury affected your game." David pointed out the obvious. Receiving a short glare from his son. "How bout a short game?" he suggested as Andrew just thought about the idea. "C'mon, it'll be fun." he added noticing that it was taking him a while to answer.

Andrew knew his father too well to know that this would lead up to a disaster. Any time this would happen it would not go well and he didn't expect a different outcome this time.

"Just one game. Worry you can't beat your old man?" he taunted knowing that his son would fall into his trap and he was right. Andrew aggressively passed the ball to his father before walking over to guard him. While a grin took over David's face.

The game had started as David tried to dribble past Andrew, resulting in the basketball being stolen from him. As the teenager made a dunk and let go of the rim immediately. "I think we both know who's going to win this," he smirked.