Chapter 1: Beginnings Again

I was 8 years old when it happened.

My family and I got into a terrible accident, everyone was killed except me.

I saw this strange creature pull me out but I didnt know what it was.

Present Time:

I was 25 now and I was going to my friend's college graduation ceremony.

Light Yagami, I've known him since I started high school here.

Light was almost on stage for his certificate.

"Wooo go Light!," I cheered.

He got his certificate and headed over to me after the ceremony was done.

"Hey Light!," I shouted through the crowd.

"Hey Morticia," He said back getting through the crowd.

He looked over by my side.

"What is it Light?," I said looking down.

It was a book. He slowly bent down to pick it up and I said "Its fine I'll get it,"

I recognized it immediately. It was my mom's and put it in my bag.

"Wonder how this got here," I said.

"What is it??," Light questioned.

"Oh, it was my mom's," I replied.

"Oh that's curious. Well I gotta go! Bye Tisha!," He said cheerfully. I hate when me calls me that.

I went back to my fiance's apartment.

He was a black haired detective. He was so curious I even kept a list of his quirks. That might seem weird but I love them all.

I unlocked the door to see him on the computer.

"Hey sweetie," I said smiling.

"Hello Darling. How was your day?," L asked politely.

"It was alright. But I found something curious " I replied taking the book out of my bag.

"What was it?," He said turning to me. "A book? What's so curious about a book?," He said getting up from his chair.

"It was my mom's...." I said.

"Oh? I wonder how it got there," He said putting his thumb to his mouth.

"Those were my exact thoughts. I think I know why though," I replied shortly.

"And what is that?," He asked.

"A Shinigami," I said turning away from him.

"S-shinigami? Are those real?," L asked.

"Yes. My mom's shinigami was Ryuk," I said as I soon felt a familiar presence.

"Ah. Ryuk, I see you've found me," I said turning around.

"Long time so see Morticia... Are you going to let him see me? He looks clueless. Hyuk, Hyuk"

"Yes, yes. L touch this," I said.

He touched it and saw Ryuk.

"It really is a Shinigami..."

"Sup. Hyuk, Hyuk,"

"Um Hello Ryuk," He said a bit shakey holding his hand out.

He shook L's hand and said

"Soo, Morticia why did you choose to pick up the Death Note instead of letting Light,"

"Because he would only cause disaster in this already cruel world," I said looking at L.

"That's what I would've expected from him anyway. Thanks for not making me stay with him. He seems annoying as hell,"

L and I started laughing.

"He is pretty annoying when you get to know him. He always acts like 'Mr. Big Shot' all the time. If Light got the Death Note he would probably act like a god," I said laughing off.

"Wow. I didn't know he was that full of himself," L said slightly laughing.

"Neither did I. I'm glad he didn't pick it up. I'd rather be stuck with you. After all I already know you Mortisha,"

"Yeah. So you can do whatever Ryuk. Just don't watch us sleep because that's kinda weird," I said slightly laughing.

"I won't Mort-Mort. I'd rather not see you two do anything,"

I just starred at him a bit pissed but embarrassed too because he still calls me that.

"C'mon Morticia it's getting late," L said grabbing me by the waist.

"Ok ok ok..." I replied letting him carry me.

"See ya in the morning love birds. Hyuk, Hyuk"

L shut the door behind him as he sat me on the bed and followed under the covers. L slid his hands down to my hips and kissed me on the cheek.

"Goodnight sweetheart," He said soothingly.

"Goodnight cake-muncher," I said turning over and tapping his nose.

He chuckled and watched me go to sleep. Eventually he got to sleep too.
_____________________________________________
Hi, Author here! If you have any character requests or ideas to add to the story just let me know! Also, call me Josie/ Jjpeace.

-Josie