Chapter 1: First Meeting

The moment Harry received his first Hogwarts acceptance letter, everyone was excited especially Lily and James. 

"I'm so excited! I want to join the quidditch team!" Harry said while giggling with excitement and his parents just looked at him with glee. 

"Sorry dear, but first year never made the house team" James said while patting Harry's hair 

"Do not worry dear, you will definitely enjoy your first year at Hogwarts no doubt about that" Lily said while giving assurance to her son.

The whole month of August, Harry can't hide his excitement and all he talk about is Hogwarts. Once in a while, he will ask his parents what house  will sorting house will assigned to him. His dad, James openly talk about  that there is probably a high chance he will be placed at his Gryffindor but Lily said any house will be okay because the sorting hat knows what is the best house for you.

2 weeks before the classes begin, Lily brought Harry to Diagon Alley with his uncle Sirius to buy his school supplies. They visited a lot of shop, but they took long at the book shop because his parents accidently ran with the Weasley Family. 

Harry knew the Weasley Family and he occasionally play with their son Ron. They were also buying book stuffs and Ron was going to Hogwarts too! 

"Excited for this term Harry? I hope we are both sorted into Gryffindor!" Ron said and Harry agreed with him. 

After that, Lily asked Sirius to take Harry to the robe shop while she buy Harry's Quills and Parchment.  Sirius agreed and he brought him to the robe shop. 

"Wait Here Harry, I'm just going to buy something at the next shop" Sirius said and harry just nod his head. While he was waiting at the shop, he noticed a blond boy getting his measurements. 

"Hogwarts too?" The blond boy said.

"Oh yeah yeah" harry replied

"Do you know what house you will be sorted in?" The boy asked. Harry explain that he wants to be in Gryffindor since both of his parents are from that house as well as some of his acquittances. 

"Too bad. It is very unlikely of me to be sorted in that house. Btw my name is Draco Malfoy" Harry was confused with what he said because he seems nice and Gryffindor like but then, the word Malfoy is quite familiar to him and he know he heard it somewhere. 

"Well my name is Harry Potter. I think we can still be friends even though we have different houses and I bet, we will have loads of fun in the school." Harry replied and he offer Malfoy his handshake. Malfoy smiled at him and he accepted the handshake. 

"So friends?"  Malfoy asked.

"Why not?"  Harry smiled. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After 2 weeks, The Potter family are now standing near the Hogwarts Express as they helped harry with his trunks. He was excited to meet Malfoy again. He doesn't understand why, but he was more excited meeting up with him instead of going to Hogwarts. 

"C'mon mom I promised, I will always send letters and update" Harry said while struggling with his Mom's hug. 

"I think Harry received enough Hug dear. Don't worry, I'm sure Harry will be spending his holidays with us right Harry?" James said 

"Of course!" harry replied

After saying goodbye to his mom, dad, and uncle Sirius (which took 10 minutes) Harry is finally inside the train. When he was inside, Ron and his twin brothers immediately offer their compartment to Harry but he just kindly declined and said he was looking for someone else.

After searching for Malfoy in each compartment, Harry become sad when he didn't see the blond boy. He was about to go back at Ron's compartment when he suddenly felt an arm in his shoulders and someone is patting his head. 

"There you are glasses! I thought I lost you somewhere!" Malfoy said with excitement and Harry just return the hug. "Come here! everyone is waiting for you" Malfoy helped Harry to carry his things and hold Harry's hands until they reach their compartment.

"What took you so long Draco?" A dark haired girl asked. 

"Pans this is harry, harry this is Pansy Parkinson. and that is Crabbe and Goyle" Harry waved at them and they all smiled at Harry. When their friends left, Harry and Draco was the only one left in the compartment. 

"Remember what you said in robe shop? What if we are placed in different houses?" Malfoy said breaking the silence between them. 

"Are you worried about that too?" 

"A little bit. I don't feel happy imagining you in different house. No offense to Gryffindor but I hope you are placed in Slytherin" Harry felt different emotion when he saw the way Malfoy looked at him. He wants to hug the boy and give him assurance but he can't do that. Instead, he sat beside him and  hold his hands. 

"Don't worry, I will try my best to be sorted with you" and with that, Malfoy smiled again. 

_________________________________________________

Hey guys! Author here. If you have any comment, feel free to leave one! I hope you enjoy this chapter. Thanks for reading!