Chapter 2: Hogwarts

The train ride between the platform and to Hogsmeade was pleasant. Draco and Harry enjoy each other's company and they ate tons of sweet and pastries. Although other Draco's friends occasionally join them in their compartment, most of the time its only Harry and Draco. They rather spend time with each other instead of meeting other First year students.

When the train stopped, They were met by a half - giant, Hagrid. Harry was warmly greeted by Hagrid and he gave him a friendly hug. 

Draco asked Harry why did the half - giant hugged him, and Harry explained that Harry was his mom and dad's friend. 

the boat ride was pleasant for Draco but he noticed, Harry was quiet the entire time.

"Are you okay? you look sick" Draco asked with a worried tone. 

"Boat ride is not my thing. Especially if it keep on rocking this way" Harry replied while holding a firm grip on the side of the boat. 

"Its okay. I got you" Draco replied and hold Harry's hand 

Harry just smiled. Although he is nervous, it helps him to calm down for a little bit.

When they arrived at Hogwarts, they were met with a one of the Professor at the entrance. The professor explained what are the houses and how they will be sorted in. they line up single file and went to the great hall. Harry was amazed with how big Hogwarts is, and when he saw the Gryffindor table, he was excited and part of him wishes he will be sorted in that house as well as Draco.

For Draco, he was nervous because of how Harry looked at the Gryffindor table. He knew, Harry wants to be sorted in that house and somehow, this thought makes Draco sad because he wants to be sorted in Slytherin. Even if he want to be sorted with Harry in whatever house he likes or wants, he know there is a little chance to be sorted in different house because he came from a long line of family that is sorted in Slytherin. 

When the professor called each students alphabetically, each students received a warm welcome from their respective houses. Crabbe and Goyle were both sorted in Slytherin and Draco can't wait to join them at the table. When he looked at Harry, he can see how nervous he is. 

When his name was called, the sorting hat took a few minutes before sorting him at Slytherin. He cheerfully waved at Harry and wishing him goodluck and this makes harry more nervous. 

After few names, his name is finally called and this make Harry excited but afraid of what will be the result.

When the sorting hat was placed in his head, he heard the hat speak. 

"heart of Gryffindor, but mind of Slytherin! you are one difficult head you know"  The sorting hat said making harry more nervous of what will be his house. Harry just close his eyes and think of Malfoy and their other friends in the train. 

Minutes later the sorting hat said....

"SLYTHERIN!" 

Harry opened his eyes and he saw Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle cheering for him and waiting him at the table. Harry went immediately to the Slytherin table and he received a cheerful and warm welcome to his fellow housemates. He look back and he saw Ron smiling at him but at the same time, Ron has a confused face.

All throughout summer, they discuss about being sorted at Gryffindor and everything change when the sorting hat placed Harry at different house.

"I'm really glad you're sorted here Potter" Malfoy said and Parkinson and Zabini agreed with him. 

"I can't wait for all the funs we can do together!' Zabini said and the feast began. 

Harry can't wait to tell his parents he was sorted in different house and throughout the evening, he enjoy his day by spending it with his new friends especially Malfoy.