Special Info

Hey! It's me, the author again! Thank you so much for reading my story and I hope you enjoyed it. 

Honestly there is SO much I can say about this fanfic. I'll list some fun facts here, explanation behind some of the chapters, the original ending, and of course Dream's playlist to George.

Original Ending:

The original ending to this story was supposed to be sad! I promised @Darkthorn63 I'd answer a comment they left in which they predicted the ending as "they shall both drown in a tight embrace until they can't anymore and drift away from each other. Gogy decides that it isn't worth it but still tries to push dream off but they both end up tumbling into the water and that is how they end up there. Dream is holding gogy tight but the currents are too strong"

It was SO HARD to resist replying to this properly! Darkthorn, you came SO CLOSE to my original ending plans. When I first got the idea for this story, I saw an image in my head of Dream pulling George away from the edge, and then falling together later in a tight embrace.

However, I really wanted to write a story that shows mental health is something you can get through, and that sometimes time and love is all you need to heal. So the idea was discarded early in the planning process, but I did write the original ending in the form of a nightmare. That's right, George's nightmare was the original ending! I'm very happy I changed the ending, as I really love the way the story ended and hope you do too. <3

Inspiration for the Story

Honestly, mental health is something so many people struggle with. Suicidal thoughts, not feeling enough, insecurities, anxieties, depression, etc. I felt like there needed to be a story out there that showed the ups and downs, the confusion mental health can inflict on a person. Something people can relate to, and the slow healing process that gives a small ray of hope. 

Fun facts: 

1. Karl was DNF's wedding planner! That's why he was the one to get Sapnap when George's mother tried to break into the wedding. (you dirty minded readers really thought they hooked up at their best friends' wedding I can't LMAO)

2. Sapnap and Quackity fought over best man rights before realizing they could both be a best man. 

3. George was the one who proposed, and Dream cried he was so happy. 

4. DNF still continues their photo album together and Dream still writes goofy comments between the pictures.

5. Monica (the bitch mom) knew about the wedding simply by word of mouth. Most weddings are known to the public, especially if a public place closes to accommodate the wedding. 

6. They got married in a planetarium which is a theatre for astronomy shows and is often located in museums for astronomy. 

7. George was not in love with Dream as teens. He fell in love with him in the seven days timeline. Unfortunately at the time Dream's love was unrequited, but he has George's love forever now. 

8. Dream's family knew about his feelings for George, and he'd had to warn them to not tease him when he brought George to see his family. He secretly agreed to buy Drista a gift in exchange for her silence.

Chapter Breakdown of George's mental health

First Day: George is quiet, and the world is dull to him. 

Second Day: He cuts himself, but later relaxes with Dream and doesn't dwell much on his mistake. He is able to relax fully with Dream because of the kindness and care the dirty blond showed to him. 

Third Day: George finds comfort in Dream's presence. He experiences the fear of death for the first time, and he finds hope in life with Patches' survival. 

Fourth Day: This chapter shows how mental health relapses. Despite George smiling more and laughing with Dream, he still struggles with his inner demons. He finds himself relating to music lyrics, and realizes towards the end of the chapter that he's falling in love with Dream.

Fifth Day: George is beginning to smile more, and come out of his shell. After Dream confesses to his past he feels less alone and validated. He hurts knowing the dirty blond has suffered before, and wants to be there for him as well.

Sixth Day: George confides in Dream, finally letting out all the emotions he'd bottled up. He feels lighter and enjoys hanging out with other people for once.

Seventh Day: George subconsciously doesn't want Dream to die, and he's scared of the possibility of jumping. He knows it's the seventh day. This manifests in the form of a nightmare. He realizes he's cared for by Dream, Dream's family, friends, and even Patches. He's grown to care for them too, and he wants to stay.

Future: George is truly happy. He's come a long way, and he lives life to the fullest with his husband, Dream.

I broke the chapters down to make it easier to see that mental health truly is full of ups and downs. Sometimes our reasons to stay can be something as little as wanting to see the stars to as big as finding joy in a specific person. No matter what, in the end, I promise you'll find even more reasons to stay. You're never truly alone, stay strong. <3 

No Sad, Smile :) 

Sweater Weather - The Neighborhood 

Into Your Arms - Ava Max 

Better Than One - The Score 

Stand by You - Marlissa

Safe and Sound - Capital Cities 

Unconditionally - Katy Perry 

Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi 

Message in the Bottle - Taylor Swift 

Gone, Gone, Gone - Phillip Phillips 

Would Anyone Care - Citizen Solider

Shivers - Ed Sheeran 

Forever Winter - Taylor Swift

Mind is a Prison - Alec Benjamin

Lullaby - Nickelback  

Not Alone - Red 

Still Worth Fighting For - My Darkest Days 

Dusk Till Dawn - Zayn ft. Sia

Stand by You - Rachel Platten 

Umbrella - Rihanna 

Someone - Michael Schulte 

Must Have Been the Wind - Alec Benjamin 

Rise - Katy Perry 

Right Here - Ashes Remain 

In my Blood - Shawn Mendes 

Feel Good - Illenium 

Down - Jay Sean 

Best Part - The Score

Unbreakable - Faydee

This is Me - Greatest Showman 

Home - Phillip Phillips 

Ride with You - Smash Into Pieces 

Rewrite the Stars - Greatest Showman 

Demons - Imagine Dragons

Drag Me Down - One Direction

If We Have Each Other - Alec Benjamin 

Let me know what songs this fanfic reminds you of, and any songs you think Dream would have included in the playlist! 

As always, I appreciate every one of you and hope to see you in my next story! Also, I'm working on a new twitter account for my fanfics, is this something you guys are interested in? You'd be able to get updates, interact with me personally, and hear about my random fanfic ideas. Let me know your thoughts :)