Chapter 3: Battle Room

Aly's Perspective

"Wakey, wakey, rise and shine! Put on your Battle Room suits! That's the padded one with the helmet and the weapon! Do not attempt to fire the weapon! Holster it! Let's move it launchies! You've got ten minutes!" I ran to my battle room closet.

"Speak your name."

"Alyssa." It opened and showed a yellow battle suit. I put the suit on then Ender walked up to me with everything on. I turned around.

"How did you get ready so fast?" I asked.

"I don't know." I tried to put my helmet on but I couldn't figure out how to get it on.

"Do you need help with that?"

"Oh no, I think I got it." I tried to put on again and it still didn't work.

"Here." Ender took the helmet and put on my head. It fit perfectly.

"Thanks. Even though I didn't need any help." I said laughing. He smiled.

"We better go. We are going to start practice soon.

"Yeah." We headed out with the rest of the launchies. We came to the area and Colonel Graff was there waiting for us.

"At ease. This is the Battle Room. In here, the floor has been designed to create an Earth-like gravitational pull. Step through that gate and you're in a zero-G environment." He put something on his hand.

"Wiggin. Get up here." He opened the door with the thing on his hand. Ender walked to the door and stepped in a bit.

"What do I do now, sir?"

"Go on in."

He grabbed on to the side. Ender looked at me and I smiled. He pushed off and fell into one of the stars. I was worried but right then we were allow to go in. I remember what Ender said on the shuttle. "In zero gravity there is no right side up." I jumped out remember what Ender said the entire time. When I finally got the hang of it I went over to Ender.

"Nicely done." He said.

"You're not to bad yourself." Bean flew over to me.

"I see you guys have got the hang of it too." Bean said.

"Yeah." We replied.

"These guys are still trying to stay up, the way they came in. Like you said in the shuttle, there is no up or down in space."

"But will need some way to orientate in here." I said.

"Maybe the enemy's gate is 'down'." Ender says.

"I like it. Like they're a bug to be crushed under our feet."

"Exactly." Ender says. I take out my gun.

"What do you think this does?" I say.

"Let's find out." Bean smiles. I aim at one of the stars. It shoots and it does something to the star but I don't know what. All I know is it looked really cool.

"Whoa! Well that's harmless. What do you think it does when it hits the suits?" Bean asks.

"Good question. Shoot me in the leg." Ender said.

"We all shoot each other. Same time." Bean begged. I smiled.

"You ready in 3." Bean said.

"2." Ender said.

"1." I said. We all shot at each other's leg. I couldn't move my leg. It was frozen!

"Can you guys move your leg?" I asked.