Chapter 5: Leon - Shizue

Fire.

It burns. Everything burns.

But inside me it is cold. It is too late. By turning into Ifrit, I can no longer revive Shizu's soul. That 

means she will die soon. I could recreate her, but such a copy feels wrong.

A jet of flame flies toward me.

"Get out of the way!" the elves shout.

I don't move out of the way. The flames bounce off me. Ifrit watches angrily. Suddenly he summons three monsters, which immediately begin to attack us. While they hover over us, they shoot fire down on us incessantly.

While the others fight desperately, I just stand there and do nothing. The others don't know yet that Shizu is irrevocably dead. Veldanava and all the others I've already lost (AN: minor spoiler on the other timeline) and now her too? I guess I'm too late again (AN: again).

"Rimuru help us!" shouts the one. But it passes me by.

{Master should get a grip. This is ridiculous}

But- I-..... No. Ciel is right. I should mourn for Shizu later. First, I have to snuff out this living torch.

I shift energy into my hand and create a projectile that way. Launch. Hit. Explosion. Silence.

"I-impossible! What the hell was that?" screams the elf girl.

Ifrit is dead. I have erased his body and his pure existence. But Shizu and our village are gone. My heart aches. So slowly I should have gotten used to losing people important to me. But perhaps one can never get used to it.

When I take a closer look, I see that Shizu is still alive. But she won't last much longer. I could save her, but the soul damage would continue. And living with such damage is probably worse than death.

I'll pick her up and take her with me.

.

After we set up a few tents and put Shizu in one, she started talking.

.

-??? POV.

This is bad. No this is bad!

Everything burns. Everything explodes. My mother. Where's my mom?!

"MOM WHERE ARE YOU?" I scream.

Suddenly the flames around me change. They form and ... slowly creep towards me too?! What the hell. They wrap around me, pulling at me and burning my skin. Then everything goes black.

.

I wake up. Dark. My eyes, used to the flames, must first get used to the darkness. I see... the inside of a castle or the like? Strange. I was just engulfed by flames, wasn't I?

My body aches. My arm. It's completely demolished. The skin on one half of my body is completely burned away. What happened? Where are the flames and the war? Where is my mother?

These questions keep racing through my mind. When I look a little ahead.... There is a woman or a man of indescribable beauty standing in front of me.

He has beautiful long blond hair. His hair falls deep into his face, over his shoulders and down his back. His skin is brilliant white. His eyes should be difficult to see because his hair covers them for the most part. And yet you can see them clearly. They are bright blue. As bright as the summer sky as clear as a diamond and sharper than the moon. Each of his eyes has a slit-like pupil. He wears a long black coat that is so long that I can't see his shoes. His cold aura gives me goose bumps. Who is he?

A green feather flies in front of his face and past me. As soon as it touches the ground, several runes and three green circles light up there. A strong wind blows and in a whirl a man appears. Or a bird? A mixture of green, human and bird.

"The mighty sorcerer king is here! Leon, if I kill you now I will become the next demon king. So be good and just die." He says and swings his oversized fork.

"How ridiculous. Who sent you here?" asks the man who seems to be named Leon.

"Well that suits me." he continues "Ifrit, it's your turn."

"What's wrong?" I cringe as he says this. His eyes start to glow red. Then my eyes go black.

When I wake up again, I am standing upside down where I lost consciousness.

The bird was gone. Only a small pile of ashes was still to be seen.

"Very amusing," says Leon.

Slowly I turn around.

"Hey tell me, what's your name?" he asks.

Should I answer him? I'm scared. What if I don't answer? Then he will kill me for sure! I have to answer!

"Shizu- e" I stutter.

"Shizu- e? Hmm. From today on, your name will be Shizu." he says.

"Shizu?"......Some time has passed since I was summoned by Leon. Since then, I have learned a lot about this new world. That there is magic and the like.

Now I'm walking through the forest, as I often do.

Suddenly a little girl comes into my field of vision. She is about the same age as me. With her is a 

fox-like little monster. Very cute. I watch the two amused for a while. But it doesn't stay that way for long. I accidentally step on a branch, causing the two of them to notice me.

"The little one seems to have been separated from his mother. Please you him nothing!" begs me the girl.

"Don't worry. I won't say anything to anyone. Won't we take care of it together?"

.

After giving him some food and having lots of fun together, we gradually became friends.

"Shouldn't we give the little one a name?" then I asked.

"As far as I know, monsters don't have names," she says.

"But that's not nice if you don't have a name. What do you think about the name Pisu?"

"Sounds good, doesn't it Pisu?"

A golden glow later and Pisu has suddenly grown several times over.

.

We walked back to the castle.

"But listen, you can't. You can't just take him inside," I say.

"But I like having him with me so much. And besides, he's intelligent. He won't do anything wrong."

So we went into the castle with Pisu. Then, when we were facing Leon on the stairs, it happened.

A growl. Pisu growls at Leon! This is bad! This is not going to end well!

"Pisu what's wrong!!! Hey Pisu-...."

Suddenly I feel dizzy. I've learned that I don't get knocked out when that happens. But- but that can only mean.... NO WAIT!!!!

Too late.

"AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!" The two scream as they are burned to ashes by a swirl of flames."

...

Note: I know this is short. But I'm sick and spending a lot of time in bed. That's why I can't write so much. I'll uploade the second part of Shizu's past tomorrow. Pretty boring, but it has to be done. Anyway.

If you find any errors, or plot holes, please let me know in the comments. Thank you!