Bannana.

(Your pov)

"What do you want to do now?" I asked Liam.

"I don't know I was sorta thinking

"I don't know I was sorta thinking..." he started.
"What?" Syd asked.

"We could maybe uh.....do a puzzle." Liam stated.

The puzzles are downstairs. In the basement. Where I found dad. I haven't been down there since and try to avoid even walking past the door.

I felt my breathing quicken and my leg started tapping up and down rapidly. I clenched my nails into my palms and started looking around at anything I could find. Images of my dad just hanging there, lifeless. Flashing through my head, the sound of my scream when I first saw him.

"Is there really nothing else you want to do?Cartoons?prank call the neighbors?" Syd asked, her eyes flicking to me every few seconds out of concern, trying not to let Liam notice.

"You know mrs Johnson is really nice. That's kinda mean." Liam stated.
"Yeah I guess." Syd added.

"Okay. Hang tight." Syd said and she walked towards the basement door to go fetch the puzzle.

I got up and grabbed a glass of water from the kitchen. My hands were shaking. I tried to calm my breathing.

Every Sunday morning dad and Liam would work on a puzzle after breakfast. It was kinda their thing. Dad used to spend hours in the basement...doing I don't know what. I wish I understood him better.....He didn't even leave a note....never explained anything...why the hell didn't he leave a note! I mean did he think I wouldn't need him around!? I mean why would he do that!?

The glass of water shattered in my hand. I jumped back and knelt down to pick up the glass.

I don't even think I was gripping it that tight....strange.

I picked up a few pieces, then tears started pouring out my eyes and I gripped the glass harder, it cut into my skin but I couldn't care less, I dropped it back onto the floor, my whole body shaking and let myself fall against the cupboard door.

I looked back up and Liam had seen the whole thing, I sighed and looked at the floor, unable to keep the tears back I was now sobbing hard.

Liam didn't speak he simply knelt down next to me and hugged me. I hugged him back.

This hug meant everything. I don't think Liam understood fully, but I did.

Liam got up after a few seconds as I wiped my eyes and started cleaning up the mess.

I heard a loud scream from the living room, I ran in to see what was wrong.

Syd ran up the stairs too.

"Liam are you okay? What happened." Both of us were yelling. 

He was holding Bannana.

"It's Bannana

"It's Bannana. I-I think he's...."

Fuck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finished in the kitchen and bandaged up my hands.
Liam decorated a shoe box for Bannana and Syd got three black blazers from upstairs and dug a small hole.

I put on some music as we all walked outside with Bannana in his shoebox.

Liam put the box into the hole

"How old do you think Bannana was? In like hedgehog years." Liam asked.
"Super old man like 94." Syd answered.

Bannana was only 12 in hedgehog years.

"Really?" Liam asked.
"Definitely." I answered.

"Could you guys say a few words I'm too sad." Liam asked.

"Uh...Bannana you were very cute...so much fun." Syd started.

That hedgehog didn't do shit.

"We all love you." I added.
"Do you think that um...Bannana is with dad now?" Liam asked.

"Yeah dad will take good care of him." Syd answered.

"I just...I wish I was there for you near the end, had we known that you needed help, we would've given it to you. It just isn't fair. You're gone now and there's nothing we can do about it we all miss you so much, everything is so, so different without you around." I started, I wasn't talking about Bannana anymore. I was talking about dad.

Syd and I hugged tightly, we both cried slightly but we didn't let go.

Oh god when does this get easier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

706 words.
Proofread
Hope you enjoyed!