night three.

Eury

I'm furious dahil iniwan ako ni Cyrus. How dare he. I'm only mad because he's supposed to be my ride home. We haven't interacted much back in school. I see him as this puppy na laging bitbit ni Helena. He's friends with Clyde so he's automatically one of us.

I made sure na I control everyone sa 'circle'. I couldn't touch him because of Helena. She was my best friend for a long time. We're always together before but the somehow fell apart because of that hellhole called highschool.

Everyone sees me as above them, they admire and fear me at the same time. It's the power I hold for being a 'Herrera'. We're old money, we built this town from the ground up. It's not just the wealth, but also the connections and influence.

I can admit that I was harsher than I intended to. But I have to put up walls, I have to be the strong one so they won't try to control me instead. Eventually they expected me to be the next 'Queen' of the school and so I did.

Until that day. The day this girl, Kyla, killed herself and I was blamed for it.

"Eury, where's Cyrus?" tanong ni Linus.

"He went to his ex." sagot ko.

"Ay iniwan ka? Tara shot pa. Haha." Pang-aasar ni Linus.

"No, I have to go home na. I'll just catch a taxi outside."

I told them goodbye. Tonight was so fun. I'm so lucky I have them as friends. It was a month ago when I met them. I was crying because of what happened, of dropping out of school and they introduced me to Black Out.

Is it not that late to start over naman siguro, I thought to my self. I should stop seeing Cyrus. He might lead me back to a life that I tried so hard to run away from.

But that kiss... he kissed me back like he meant it.

"San ka na naman galing?" My grandpa asked me while I walk inside the house.

"My friend's birthday party, Sir." sagot ko. We were close before. I was her favorite apo. The others are in the States and only my parents decided to live here. They eventually went to States din but I decided to live with Grandpa until after I finish highschool.

"Just stop causing any more trouble." I know he's ashamed of what happened. When the news broke and rumors went around, it affected our reputation.

I just want him to see my efforts. Hindi ko naman pangarap manahin ang hotel, pero he wants me to take over. 'You remind me of my old self', his words to me. Kaya pumayag akong mag-train dun for the mean time.

"Kailan ka ba babalik ng school? I could pull some strings and bring you back there."

"Ayaw ko na bumalik doon!" Pinipilit niya akong bumalik dahil it would look like I'm guilty if I left school even though was proven that I am not. They still blame me, but I can't also help blaming myself.

After an exhausting argument with Grandpa, I went to my room to get ready for bed. I just checked the photos from my phone. I look genuinely happy, I don't recognize me. I saw Cyrus from some of the pictures. He's effortlessly handsome but I won't admit that to him.

I couldn't sleep and just chatted with the squad talking about our next hang out. Then suddenly I got a DM from Cyrus.

Are you home yet? - Cyrus

Yeah, you? - my reply

Yes, dito na sa hotel niyo. Sorry for tonight.- Cyrus

What's the deal with him. I can mess him up if I like, just to see Helena suffer. That will be a sight to see. But no, I'm not like that anymore. And he's too trusting for his own good.