4 | 𝕤𝕠... 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕠𝕨?

Two days had passed since my visit to the town's market

I was sitting on my bed, feeling bored as ever.

In this period, I had stayed mostly silent at home. Ame was concerned about my sudden lack of excitement.

I felt like this first visit outside had drained all of my energy. But the truth was, I was in a state of shock and there was nothing Ame could do about it. I couldn't tell her I knew about the eyes because that would be directly admitting I had disobeyed her to her face. And right now, I needed her on my side.

Second, admitting that I was scared about the eyes would be similar to just dropping the fact I knew it was the symbol of the Imperial family. If she knew I knew, I would never hear the end of it. Because, in her eyes, how was I supposed to know? She'd told me about it, and no one outside had either. It would be, totally, suspicious.

So I just pretended that I was just tired, even if it wasn't that simple.

In these two days, I had tried gathering all of this newfound information in my head.

I had no paper to write with, so I had no choice but to try and remember everything in a corner of my head.

Ame had given me a necklace she used to own. Upon taking it off, it revealed my jeweled eyes. I remembered that during Athanasia's debutante, when Roger Alpheus presented Jennette to Claude as his long-lost daughter, she took off her ring which revealed her jeweled eyes. Before that, they appeared to be a normal blue.

So, my mother managed to have this necklace modified with magic, I presumed, so that it would have a similar effect to that ring... Well, what I had to do with it was clear: not take it off in any circumstances.

"Urg, f*ck this!"

I cried out, taking my pillow and throwing it against the wall. I was using Ame's absence as an opportunity to vent out my frustration.

"Why did I have to be reincarnated as someone who has ties to Claude?! This man kills anyone who stands in his way... or just because they're family! Athanasia, Anastasius- am I next this time around?! Hell no, I'm not going to let this maniac lay a hand on me!"

I picked up my pillow from the ground and held it as I picked up a glass of water Ame had left for me on my nightstand and drank a bit. After that, I climbed back on the bed.

"Ame said that Claude came into power a few years ago... She refrained from saying anything else in public, but he became Emperor after killing the previous one, his older brother Anastasius. That I remember."

Anastacius, the previous Emperor... The one who taunted Claude his entire childhood and even went as far as to sleep with Claude's fiancée at the time, Penelope Judith, simply out of spite because Claude was magically stronger than him. Anastacius killed Claude's mother when he became Emperor, tried to kill his younger brother with dark magic... then Claude got his revenge.