5 | 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕓𝕖𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕤

Drifting away from the world of dreams, I gently woke up to the sounds of the birds singing right outside

Drifting away from the world of dreams, I gently woke up to the sounds of the birds singing right outside. I let out a long sigh and fluttered my eyes open.

It was dark but, I didn't know if it was because of those special jeweled eyes... But I found it hard  to get them accustomed to the light sometimes.

Even though I was awake, I wasn't going to move or get up... After all, Ame was still sleeping beside me, so it meant it wasn't even six in the morning. We only had one bed, so we had always slept together.

Without any surprise, she was just as clingy in her sleep. During the day, I was to stay here to wait for her to come back... and during the light, I was her extra-pillow.

I didn't mind it, though.

Hugs were nice from time to time... And it's not like I had anyone else to give me one.

I gently raised my head to look at her. Yes, she was still sleeping, and I felt restless.

But I had my reasons!

If the person in question didn't stand us up, then I'd be meeting an acquaintance of my mom today to start learning how to speak Obelian!

Our conversation about getting me a tutor went back at least a month ago, and Ame had finally managed to convince somebody she knew to teach me. I didn't know if it would just be the basics, but honestly, it didn't matter.

First, it was STILL an improvement, and second, If I managed to get a hold of an Akavirian guide to learn Obelian later on, I'd be able to learn how to read it and write it on my own anyway.

I was only four years old. I still had a long way to go.

I'd be taking slowly walking away from the ticking-time-bomb named Claude, one step at a time.

Now, I was awake and really couldn't go back to sleep. Which was bad because that meant I'd be sleepy when my tutor would show up!

I must have been moving without realizing it because before I could notice it, I heard Ame call for me, her voice groggy from being woken up.

"Ei... Are you awake... ?"

I made a small shriek of surprise and stopped moving, slightly turning my head towards her, my expression full of guilt.

"Y-Yes, mama... Sorry, I didn't want to wake you up too...

- You should go back to sleep, sweetheart. Sir Adel only comes this afternoon after I finish work...

- I know..."

But still, my head was so clear- how was I supposed to go back to sleep now?!

I laid my head down and pulled the blanket over me again and forced myself to close myself. I stayed awake like this for a while before finally drifting away in Morphea's embrace.