Chapter IV: Crazed Psychopath

I stood up slowly, my eyes staying on the man in front of me. His eyes glancing along my body, his eyebrows lifting in interest.

"Your clothes are different.. How did you do that? You were here- then gone for an hour." He said, his brown eyes meeting mine again. "Who are you?"

"I'm uh- Frankie." I told him as he stepped towards me. I stood my ground as I felt something running through my body as he came closer.

"Frankie... Is that short for something? Or did your parents just want a boy?" I narrowed my eyes at him. "Don't worry, my parents named me Malachai. It's like they wanted me to be a murder." He laughed. I swallowed my breath as I scanned him. "But you can call me Kai." He added with a smirk.

"You can call me Frankie." I said simply. Kai let out a slight laugh, shaking his head at me. He stepped closer to me, watching my reaction as he did.

"You're not afraid of me? Are you a witch?" He grabbed my hands, a red glow erupting around our hands along with a warm tingle that was so very familiar. Confusion flooded me as a suppressed moan ran up my throat. The feeling of whatever he was doing was bringing me pleasure. I had no idea what was happening so I ripped my hands from his. Kai was staring at his hands, trying to see something that wasn't there. "What was that? I can feel the Vampire in you..but that warmth...tingling.." He flipped his hands over, scanning over his palms in confusion. He stepped to me, my body frozen in place, like magic was holding me there. His hand wrapping around my throat. "What is this?!" He demanded.

Before I could answer, the world went black.

-

I sat up gasping once more. I was starting to wonder if this would be the end result every time. Finn was already sitting up, his hand on my back in a way to calm me.

"Was it the same dream?" I shook my head at him. My hand going up to my throat as I took deep breaths.

"He was there again- but something isn't right, Finn.." I told him, glancing at him. Finn moved my hand, his eyes on my throat, before his hand traces something on it.

"He touched you." He muttered. His eyes darkened and anger floating around in them. I grabbed his hand gently.

"That wasn't the main problem." I told him. I wanted to feel ashamed- guilty. But I couldn't. Like my body- spirit was saying it was okay. I held Finn's hand, the warmth and tingles running through our skin as he glanced down at our hands in wonder, a small smile running across his lips. "This is what I felt when Kai, the man in the dream, took my hand." I told him, flinching back a bit as I waited for him to get angry. But he didn't. His eyes held concern and confusion.

"Are you saying he could be a sixth soulmate? Is that possible?" I shrugged.

"I've died and come back a million times, and already have five soulmates. What isn't possible anymore?" Finn nodded, agreeing that my life had already been really messy. It seemed to make sense that there would be more.

"Let's get dressed. I believe Kol and Henrik might have found something from the sounds of it." Finn said, as he listened in downstairs. I nodded, standing up. I could easily listen in on the conversations downstairs, but I had always preferred to offer my mates their privacy. If something care up of importance, I knew they would tell me. I trusted them, just as they did me.

-

"So you think this Kai, guy is Frankie's soulmate?" Nik asked, his tone short and snappy. I could almost feel the anger and jealousy bouncing off of him. "All because she felt some warmth at his touch and a few tingles?" He added, his glare pointed at Finn, but his eyes were glancing to me here and there.

"Could it have just been magic? You said his hands were glowing red, that is a sign of a Siphoner." Elijah offered up. I shook my head, leaning over and grabbing his hands gently. His face lit up at the feeling of the bond spreading through our connection. "I see." He finally said, bringing my hand to his lips, slyly, flipping to press a kiss to my palm.

"This is just bloody ridiculous!" Nik shouted. "It's obviously just a dream, maybe of a guy you saw in the bakery that you had some infatuation with? Did you share some Romantic gesture? Hands meet, or the gaze of thy eyes meeting." Nik mocked. He was letting his anger and jealousy get the best of him.

"Niklaus." Elijah snapped at him, causing Nik to shut up. His eyes glaring at the floor.

"I know this sounds ridiculous. I think it does too." I started off. "But I'm telling you- it felt real. And not to mention I woke up in my mother's dress and jacket." I added. Henrik shook his head, placing the book down he was reading.

"It's not ridiculous, sweetheart." He assured me, offering me a gentle smile to calm my nerves. "Theres a bit of information in here about prison worlds. When you told me about it being the past, I instantly wanted to see what it could. Maybe some kind of magical place for the baddies or for a quick vacation." He said ignoring the glare that Nik was shooting him. "Theres this coven, the Gemini, that use these objects to create prison worlds. Locking people away to save the rest of humanity from them. All without killing them. Now there is only talk of one person they locked up in here, and that was Malachai Parker. The son of the leader of the coven." My eyes widen as he spoke the name, nodding quickly.

"That's him. Thats the guy! He goes by Kai!" I said, excited to know it was indeed a real person, although my emotions were confusing me greatly. Henrik frowned at me.

"Well? Why was he locked up?" Nik asked, his tone still as snippy as ever.

"He murdered the majority of his siblings, leaving a set of twins and his sister." I looked at Henrik in shock. I knew Kai couldn't be a good guy, but his own siblings?

"So that does it. You won't be going back there again." Nik almost cheered in a demanding voice.

"She has to sleep, Nik." Kol said with an eye roll. "What do you expect her to do? Stay awake for the rest of her life?"

"Of course not! We can try herbs or something, get a witch." I ignored Nik and Kol's little spat as I looked to Henrik.

"Does it say anything about dreaming of these worlds?" I asked him, hopeful for some answers. Henrik frowned, shaking his head no.

"I know a witch who might be able to help." I looked to see Nik looking at me. "If you want to." He added. I nodded, agreeing with his offer, which made him smile.

"I'm going to the bakery for a bit." I told them. Kol jumping up quickly to come with.