Chapter X: Soulmate

"You know, leaving someone hanging is considered rude." I looked up to see Kai already sat at the table eating what looked to be a chocolate babka.

" I looked up to see Kai already sat at the table eating what looked to be a chocolate babka

Kai looked down at it and back up to me with a smile. "I noticed what you were making and decided to finish it for you. I saved you a slice." He winked, pointing to the plate in front of him. A slice of the loaf placed on a plate like it was waiting for me. I sat down in front of him, staring at it. "I didn't poison it, if that's what you're thinking." He said as he ate his slice. I poked at it before he sighed and took a bit of mine with his fork before eating it. "See?"

"Can't blame me. You did kill your siblings.. No saying what you would do to a stranger." I told him as I took some with my fork and took a bite. It was nearly perfect. I got up, going to the fridge and grabbing the small squeeze bottle of lemon juice. Kai stared at me as I did one little squirt over my slice before I sprinkled some powder sugar over it. His eyebrow raised.

"First of all. I left like 3 of my siblings alive. Second why the hell did you just put lemon juice on a chocolate loaf?" He asked, looking at me like I was crazy. I held the the lemon juice to him, waiting for him to just take it, which he did with narrowed eyes before doing the same as I had just done. When he took a bite he looked pleasantly surprised before hiding the emotion immediately. "Not bad." He mumbled, making me laugh. He reminded me of Kol a lot sometimes. Both of them were rather childish.

"Didn't you try to kill the other three siblings?" I questioned, looking up at him to notice his far out look and a small smile etching across his mouth. He looked psychotic.

"Well I did. But I only carved out my twin sisters spleen. The younger twins I wanted dead." He explained.

"Why?" I questioned immediately. He glanced at me, narrowing his eyes and wiggling his finger at me.

"If you get answers, I get answers. Fair is Fair." He demanded. I sighed, nodding to him to go on. "How are you here but you can disappear?" I looked away from him, sighing again.

"I'm not really here- I think. In the real world, when I go to bed..I end up here. When I wake up- I'm back in the real world like I just slept."

"Are you cursed or something? That sounds cursey." He pondered. I snorted, shaking my head.

"No- It's a really complicated story." I told him. He stared at me like he was waiting for me to continue. "I was born in 985 AD-" Kai let out a long whistle.

"You are older than I thought." I glared at him.

"I'm not that old. I'm actually only like 26 now." I told him making him look at me weird. "I have died- a lot. I've been reincarnated every time." Kai furrowed his brows at me.

"Now that sounds cursey." He pointed out. I nodded.

"It does. But It's been figured out and fixed. Now I live with my five soulmates and run my own bakery. So happy ending."

"Not really. You are still here." I sighed, nodding.

"This was an unfortunate side affect of turning me into an Original Vampire. Apparently the Fates don't like to be fought against."

"Wait you're an Original? I've only heard of those.. I thought you'd be more wrinkly." He snorted making a grimace as he spoke. I laughed at his thought. "And what about- the- how do you-" He held his hand up to me, indicating the feelings he received from me.

"You still haven't answered my question." I pointed out, my finger pointed at him accusingly. He laughed, nodding.

"My coven of witches and warlocks believe in something called the Merge. The twins in my family merge together to become stronger and they end up becoming the leader of the coven- well whoever wins." He explained.

"So you wanted to be the next leader." I filled in, nodding my head.

"See! You get it!" I shook my head at him.

"No. I know what you meant, but I don't get it. You tried to kill your only family." I told him averting my eyes. "Family is not something you should try to remove from this world willingly." He scoffed at me, rolling his eyes at my words.

"You have no idea what kind of family they were. What kind of family shames their own family because of how they were born? What kind of father treats their son like a monster because of something they cannot control? All because I was different." He snapped, grabbing my hand and siphoning from me.

I closed my eyes at the intensity of it. It started with just a warmth spreading through my hand up my arm. It was like I was standing near a bonfire and the heat was just warming not only my skin but my insides. Butterfly's fluttering around in my stomach in swarms. My dead heart fluttering into an almost beat. When I opened my eyes, Kai was right in front of me. His heated eyes staring in my flustered ones.

"Why do I feel like this?" He whispered, his breath fanning my face as he stared at me, waiting for an answer. But my mind was too focused on the feeling he was sending through me. Trying to refrain from any of the sounds that were trying to break out of my lips. He leaned closer, his eyes glancing down towards my lips before looking back at my eyes. "Why do I want to kiss you?" He asked as he was leaning in. My breath catching in my throat as I glanced at his lips as his tongue darts out to run along his bottom lip.

"Kai.." I breathed out as his lips stopped right above mine. My lips parted in anticipation. I could almost taste the chocolate in his breath from how close he was. His head tilting slightly, his eyes not leaving mine as he watched my reaction.

"Give me answers-" I interrupted him by leaning closer, my lips touching his as heated sparks flew through us. Kai froze for a moment before his hand released my hand and grabbed the back of my head, pulling me closer and deepening the kiss. I could still feel him siphoning from me, but not to harm me. It was like he was taking the magic from me and as his hand went to my hip, standing us both up, the magic was going back into me.

I raised my hands to slid around the back of his neck, fingers lacing with the lower ends of his hair, pulling gently as I moved my lips with his. I was the one who pulled back first. Kai's eyes closed as he tried to follow me.

"You're my final Soulmate." I whispered. His eyes snapping open.