True intentions

Time: Sometime in the middle of Book 6

"How is your progress going?" The dark lord asked as he walked slightly ahead of a cloaked figure.

"It is progress well my lord, the Malfoy boy is nearing the completion of his task." The figure drawled in reply, adverting his eyes.

"Good good" the dark lord said, with a bone chilling smile that seemed to cut through, the cloaked figure. "Although I suspect he has had help with this."

The cloaked figure looked surprised, as his greasy hair fell into his face, brushing pass his hooked nose.

"Ah see my faithful servant, I know all" the cloaked figure felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end, as his heart rapidly beat; anxiety rising in his chest.

"Well yes my lord he has had help." He replied knowing full well that lying would bring notice to his true task.

"Well it matters not, as long as the task is complete, it matters not who completes it. And what if the traitor?"

"I've gotten reports from Dolohov and Lestrange that more of our death eaters have turned up dead"

"How.... Unfortunate" the dark lord spat, his lips curling into a snarl. "Perhaps I underestimated his determination... or perhaps his desperation."

"Do not worry my lord, he will be found. Sooner or later he will slip up"

They walked farther in silence for a while longer the dark lord's long pale white toes silently rising and falling against the cool wood of the floor, the cloaked figure mimicking his movements with but a seconds delay.

"Tell me what of the boy?" The dark lord asked once more breaking the silence.

"Potter?" The cloaked figure replied to him, looking as though the words had left an unpleasant taste in his mouth.

"No the traitor's son."

"He is as incompetent as ever." The cloaked figure said, guarding his mind to seal away his true thoughts of the matter.

"Liar." The words barely made a sound as the left his lips, yet the seemed to echo and ring inside the cloaked figures head. The snake like feature of the dark lord had tightened and contorting into a terrifying look of anger.

"M..my lord" the cloaked figure stammered, as he staggered backwards clutching his head.

"Don't think I can't tell when you're hiding something from me." Each word was emphasized, each carrying just as much power as the last.

"Forgive me my lord" the cloaked figure said, staring at the floor avoiding eye contact.

"Look. At. Me." The dark lord punctuated each word, letting them ring out, and bounce off the inside of the cloaked figures head.

He slowly raised his head from the floor, locking his cold black eyes, with the burning scarlet eyes of the dark lord.

He felt the dark lord enter into his mind, felt his long cold figure grasp and tear at every door.

The cloaked figure strengthened his mind, hiding door behind doors, locking away the truth that it was him who had been slipping names to the traitor, aiding him in his one man crusade against the dark lord; hiding the truth that it was him who had secretly been training the traitors son to fight against the dark lord. Locking away his true assignment.

"So he's stronger than you have let in then?" The dark lord finally, letting go of his servant mind.

The cloaked figure fell to the ground panting. "Ye-yes my lord."

"See that wasn't so bad was it?" The dark lord said, magically pulling up his servants head so he could stare into it, his thin mouth pull taunt into an unnatural and unsettling smile.

"That will be all my servant" the dark lord said after what felt like an eternity. "You make go."

The cloaked figure hurried back to his feet, turning to leave before he stopped dead in his tracks upon hearing the cold voice of his master cutting through his ears.

"But if I ever catch you hiding anything from me again, I will not hesitate to dispose of you. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes my lord."