Fire side Chat

"What'cha doing Hermes?" William asked as he walked up to her. She was standing at the edge of the forest, a small stone in her hand as she seemed to talking to people.

"That is none of your business William." Hermes said quickly putting the stone into her pocket.

"Well it looked like something to me." William said getting closer to her. "And if we're going to be traveling together it'd be nice to know more about you."

Hermes sighed at this and turned towards him. "You ever hear the tale of the three brothers?"

"You mean to tell me that's the resurrection stone?" He asked excitedly. "Does it actually work? Can I use it?" 

"It was a joke Will." Hermes said. "It's just a stone a friend gave to me a little bit ago, but... well he's dead now, his whole family probably, one of the biggest blood traitor family there was. They'd  been in hiding for so long."

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that." William said to her. "I lost my wife and daughter... well my first wife and daughter anyway in the first Wizarding war."

"Did you?" Hermes asked her interested.

"Yeah suppose you lost you people in that war too, probably a bit before your time-"

"A lot more than you'd think." She muttered, taking a seat by the fire she had made, each of their tents on either side of the fire.

"What do you mean by that?" He asked her looking at her curiously.

Hermes opened her mouth paused for a second, as though she was debating whether to say something or not. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you." she said finally, pulling an pocket ornate watch out of her robes, looking at it quickly before putting it away again.

"You're a strange one Hermes." William after a moment of examining her. "You are very strange indeed."

She just shrugged at this. "I get that a lot. Anyway, you were telling me about your wives and daughters."

"mhm, not much to say really, fell in love at Hogwarts, got married had a little girl, and then the war broken out, we both joined the Order of the Phoenix, and well the came after us, burnt down our house, killed my wife and stole my daughter. After that I spent years trying to track them down till I finally grew tired of revenge.

"After that I stopped magic, and settled down in a little, actually just the other side of these woods, remarried and had another daughter, her name's Penelope... when I heard Dumbledore and that Potter boy say You-know-who was back... I left that life behind, I would devastated if the death eaters found them. I did it to protect them."

"I see..." Hermes said. "Well I'm sorry that happened to you William, to lose you family like that... it must have been hard."

"Yeah well..." William said starting to get to his feet.

"My dad tried to kill me you know." Hermes said suddenly, stopping William in his tracks.

"What?" William said slowly sitting back down.

"Well you told me something about you, only fair I tell you a bit about me. It was right before I left, around the time my friend gave me this stone, and another gave me an old cloak one his students used to have... and well my dad tried to kill me, told me I had betrayed him and his cause and that I had to pay for that."

"That's horrible!" William said to her. "You always seemed to speak so highly about your dad."

"Yeah he was once a good man..." She said quietly. "That's what I'm doing this for, to redeem him."

"It's a noble cause Hermes but that's not your problem you know, we aren't responsible for the mistakes of our parents."

"If only that were true." She muttered. "I need to do this, or else-" There was a sudden loud banging sound, as someone seemed to have been  shot out of nothingness, a body flew across their camp, covered in blood and flew into the forest around them.

"Come on!" Hermes said getting to her feet, William following closely behind her.