41

[Fan Wai] Nie Sheng

  Nie Sheng carried a bag of rice, crouched on his back, moving hard step by step. The heavy bag of rice pressed his spine all the time, and sweat ran down his face. After a while, he finally moved the rice bag to the destination—a truck.

  As soon as he unloaded the rice bag, Nie Sheng slumped on the ground and gasped for breath, too tired to lift his arms. He has been studying since he was a child, and occasionally went out to exercise, and he has never done such heavy physical work.

  Next to him, Old Man Nie handed over a half bottle of water, "Are you tired? Come on, drink some water. You take a rest first." He turned and continued to carry the rice bag.

  Nie Sheng squeezed the glass tightly, and Xiao Xiao moistened his throat with a sip. The cool water ran across the throat, bringing a burst of comfort. Immediately, there was a strong desire in the body. Not enough, there is too little water, drink more.

  Nie Sheng forcibly screwed on the water cup, not daring to drink any more. You must know that the water in the military area is not provided for free, so you need to exchange points.

  Although reason told him, only a certain number of rice bags can be exchanged for points. With points, they can buy food and water. He needs to move as much as possible to make life easier.

  But at this moment, his hands are trembling constantly, indicating that he really needs a rest.

  After leaving the Ping An Caravan, Nie Sheng realized that it was good.

  When he was in the upstart community, how could he ever need to work hard like this? As long as he works alone, he can feed two people. And now? He and Grandpa worked together, but the food and drink were not as good as before!

  Nie Shengqing couldn't help but think of the days when he lived in a concrete house and slept on a rigid bed. In the military area, every bit of money is spent. He and his grandfather usually can only partner with others at night. Four or five people spend the night in a tent together and sleep on the ground.

  After a short break, Nie Sheng bit his head and got up to continue working. Moving rice bags is hard work, and I can't get enough to eat just by relying on my grandpa's salary. Lack of food and energy will affect the next day's handling capacity, falling into a vicious circle.

  After finally moving, the Chamber of Commerce will calculate the accounts and distribute wages to everyone.

  When it was Old Man Nie's turn, Old Man Nie counted and yelled, "No! It should be seven points and seven coins. Why is it five?"

  The accountant sneered, "That's right, your wages today are five points."

  Old man Nie stared, "Do you dare to exploit and deduct the workers' wages at will?" The

  accountant sneered, "If you are not satisfied, you can stop. Exploitation? Hey, a group of people outside grabbed their heads, hoping to come in and work and let me exploit them."

  "You..." Old man Nie just wanted to reason with him, Nie Sheng hurriedly grabbed him, beckoning him not to speak, and making a smile. "The wages are okay. My grandfather is too old, and the calculation is wrong." The

  accountant said, "The next time the calculation is correct , I will speak again. If people hear it, I really think I cheated him. Before speaking, remember to use your brain. Think about it first. The Chamber of Commerce does not need people with bad brains to work."