Chapter 1

You woke up the morning of your first day like any other, late. Once again, you stuffed a random uniform that had been lying on your floor into your volleyball bag and ran down the hallway of your house almost slipping as you stopped to put your shoes on. Then grabbing an apple off the closest counter, you sprinted out the door and to practice.

"Shit they're gonna kill me!"

You played middle for the girls volleyball team at Karasuno and this would be your second year with them. Being late was typical of you for all of last year and the captain had hated it. As a penalty, she had made you run extra laps at practice's end which you absolutely despised. As you ran to Karasuno for the morning practice, that you were already late to, you prayed that the new captain, Michimiya, wouldn't be so harsh.

"God, if you're out there, please don't make me do ladders!"

You kept repeating the phrase, hands in a prayer position until you knocked into someone at the school gates.

"Oh my God I'm so sorry!" You quickly sputtered out. It turned out that you had run into the back of the boy's volleyball team's ace. "Oh hey Asahi!"

"Oh Emily! Are you ok?" Asahi was wearing his black team jacket and warm up sweats meaning he was probably on his way to practice too. Suga and Daichi turned around to look at me and I gave the three of them a warm smile.

"Yeah yeah haha. I'm just late to practice you know me." You began walking backwards in front of him ready to go into a full on sprint back to practice.

"Michimiya is gonna make you do sprints if you don't get there soon!" Daichi yelled out to you laughing.

"Yeah you better run Emily! Your life depends on it!" Suga added.

"Oh shit! I'll see you guys around!" You said waving back to the three third years. Your eyes lingered on the giant teddy bear and you gave another smile towards him before running the rest of the way to the gym.

"Asahi, you gotta talk to her more if you want her to notice you!" Suga said turning towards him.
"Listen." Daichi said putting an arm over Asahi's shoulder, "All you gotta do is start talking to her about volleyball. It's something you both have in common and are passionate about."
"I know.." Asahi said trailing off, "I tell myself I'm going to say more when I talk to her, but then she smiles at me and my mind just goes blank!" The giant's face fell as he began getting frustrated at himself for not being able to talk to you more. Asahi was getting in his head. He had realized his feelings for you last year when the girls first scrimmaged the guys team.

.

.

.

"I don't know we got some pretty strong first years." Michimiya had been bragging to Daichi, Suga, and Asahi. "One of the most promising ones is the new middle blocker who's CRAZY fast!"

Daichi smirked, "Well they're gonna have to go up against our big tough ace!" While hitting Asahi in the back, he began to blush from the praise. He wasn't used to the big name yet and was already doubting himself being put in the position. Suga seeing Asahi's worried face pulled him aside in an attempt to reassure him.

"Hey look here! You're gonna do good! You're one of the strongest wing spikers here and that's why the captain chose YOU for this position! We all believe in you buddy."
Just as Suga was finishing his conversation with Asahi, there was a huge eruption of cheers. The two looked towards the court in confusion to find you landing from a jump.

"Woah did you see that?!"
"Yeah she's crazy! She hit the 10 foot line like it was nothing!"

People were talking about you and although you looked proud with a smirk on your face on the outside, you were a little embarrassed by the huge reaction from everyone. Michimiya then turned to Daichi, Asahi, and Suga saying,

"I told ya we got some good ones this year."

A/N: Hey Guys! This was something I wrote a while ago on AO3 and I'm just now realizing I probably should have uploaded it here too haha. Anyways, uploading here is going to hopefully keep me more consistent with producing chapters every 2 weeks or so. I have more chapters up on AO3, but will be updating here every 2 weeks so that I can try and stay consistent with writing ahead. Anyways hope you enjoy and any criticism is much appreciated :)