The race for survival..

The moment Alexandra left the tent she called her lieutenants and captains.

"Pack up , we're riding north. The night king has hit the wall, he's heading this way.. we need to stop at the castles along the way and save the common people. I won't give him more humans to feed and swell his ranks." Her lieutenants looked grim

"Your grace these people do not know of us.. they would not follow us" Alex opened her mouth but another voice answered.

"I'll ride with you." Alex turned to the voice. She was in her tent and this girl was very good at sneaking in, would hate to be her target for assassination. Her lieutenants and captains not taking kindly to being sneaked up on reached for the weapons which stopped Arya in her tracks.

" stand down.. she's a" Alex looked at Arya " a friend of the crown."

The implication was not lost on Arya she gaped. She just met the Amazonian queen minutes ago and yet a friend of the crown.. " Alexandra—"she started once again the guards bristled at the use of the name " We hardly know each other .. how could you possibly trust me?"

Alex looked at the map before her " I trust my instincts Arya stark . You have endured much that much I know. You carry a darkness.." she paused shooting the girl a smile " yet there's also a bright light in you.. a light that I trust now.." she said meaningfully pointing out of the map " there's last hearth here.. then karhold." Alexandra drew her finger across the map " many small villages on the way.. he will try and use all those humans to his advantage and add to his undead. Lexa is right the north doesn't know us, we're strangers, foreigners.. Do you believe you have enough sway to bring these people to safety?"

Arya clenched her needle " I can — the name of stark rings through the north. As a lady of the house of Stark I'll use every advantage I can to save as many as I can.." she said determined.

Alex licked her lips " It brings me no pleasure for a child to do this but it is necessary however," she stared at Arya "if I tell you to leave.. you will ride north to Winterfell .. without question. I don't care whether you're a seasoned fighter — you are still young and I won't sacrifice it pointlessly is that clear Arya ?"

Arya wanted to protest but the burning blue eyes that pierced her made it difficult she dropped her head " I swear if your grace tells me to run, I'll run" Alex nodded satisfied " Lexa, Leah , Maggie.. the same goes for you — the common people are the goal of this mission. If I tell you to abandon me your queen you will follow the order without hesitance"

Leah's eyes widened " Your Grace can't possibly ask—"

Arya watched in awe as the woman looked back at her warriors , her words made Aryas heart clench — a woman that barely knew of the north would sacrifice herself to save the common people

"My orders are absolute— I order your retreat you retreat .. I will hold them back for you." She noticed the tears in Leah's eyes " Do you not have faith in your queen?"

"Of course your grace"

"Then by his lord Raygon's will — I won't die easily. Nor will I give my life up just to be another undead. Trust me that I will keep the line if need be.. but it's just a precaution I want no misunderstandings while we on route .." she sighed . Fixing her armor.

"Come let's prepare.." she looked at Arya " you may want to tell your brother what you're doing. I don't have any intention to deal with him more than necessary"

Arya nodded and headed to her brother.

——————-

When Daenerys found Alex she watched the women barking orders to her army as they took down their camp and prepared to leave in haste. She was partly  stunned by how quickly they organized