CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

"Kiara... I need to speak to you about something I've been worried about recently." Pope said, walking up to me, with a sad expression printed onto his face. I quickly wiped the tear off my cheek and pasted a fake smile on. "Uh, yes Pope?" I said, as he sat next to me and took a heavy sigh. "You and JJ." He said as I took a sigh, ready to tell him that I broke up with JJ. "Were done. Were not together anymore." I said, looking straight at the shimmering water, dreading to make eye contact with Pope. He put his arm around me but I shrugged him off. Just because I wasn't with JJ doesn't mean he could suddenly come onto me like that. "Pope no." I said coldly, still not looking at him. "Thankyou." He said, looking at at but me not doing the same. "I just wanted you to speak to me again. Because you were ignoring me, I figured that if me and JJ broke up, you would be my friend again." I said truthfully. I loved Pope. As a friend. And even if I loved JJ in other ways, I could never act on it. "Kiara. You did this for me?" Pope said, more enlightend than confused. "Yes. Your my bestfriend." I said truthfully, but all I could think about was JJ, and how I could make things right with him. "What are you going to do about JJ?" He asked. I could tell all he wanted was to continue the conversation, and didn't really care about me and JJ. "I don't know yet." I said truthfully. I didn't know. I didn't know anything right now. "I've got to go." I said. I didn't really have to go. I just didn't want to talk to Pope anymore. "Uh, okay. Thankyou. And bye." He said, as I got up and walked away, looking back at him and smiling.

I opened up my phone. I had a text from Sarah.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. Just talked with Pope."

"Good. Have you talked to JJ yet?"

"No. But I want to. I don't know how tho."

"Just meet somewhere, and talk. It'll do you both good."

"I know. Not today. I need to sleep."

"Okay. Do what you want to do."

"Thanks. Gn."

"Gn Kie. Sleep well and I promise you things with be better."

She was always there for me and I was so grateful. I could always speak to her when I needed to, and she would never judge me. I walked home, stepped through the door to see concerning faces staring judgingly at me. "Kiara, every day you spend more time out of the house." My mom said, putting down her gardening magazine and looking up at me. I didn't say anything but walked upstairs and flopped down on my bed. I opened up my phone and checked the time. It read eleven o'clock. I sighed, put on my sleep mask and turned my led lights to red. And tried to sleep, with everything running through my head.  A couple minuted passed, when I was woken up by quiet banging and my window opening. "JJ?" I asked, whilst removing my sleep mask from my eyes and staring at the figure that had just entered my room. "JJ what are you-" I started to say, but my words were cut off by a kiss.